john.stone

Wanted - Outstanding budget cartridge wanted. Around the £150 mark

As it says, I'm looking for a cart to go on a Pro-ject RPM 1.3 Genie. These usually come with an Ortofon 2M Red and will accept carts from 4g to 9g according to the manual. MM or MC considered.

So what ya got...

In a different league I may part with my Clearaudio Performer V2 with wood body (I always feel that cheapo plastic body kills the sound).

PM me if interest,

Thanks.

You can swap out the stylus in your red for a blue (identical bodies) or push the boat out and get a bronze (you lose the "posher" body of the bronze & black, but in my experience sounds pretty much the same as a "real" bronze. Fleabay from a selection of german or french sellers will sort you out in budget

Ortofon 2M Bronze, 40 hours use,boxed, £200 posted

If your after performance on a budget for around £150 you should be able to pick up a A&R Cambridge 77 cart and fit it with a new Jico SAS Stylus 1

Super Wammer

Audio Technica AT440MLb boxed with all bits. - no more than 20hours use - £65 +postage.

Ortofon 2M Bronze, 40 hours use,boxed, £200 posted

As much as I'd like to try the 2M, I'm going to have to stick to my budget. Thanks anyway...

And thanks to everyone who has replied so far, it's much appreciated. !f I haven't so far I will get back to you all today.

John, there is a guy from Itlay sellng a low hours DL-103 on Vinyl Engine. With a bit of haggling you could get it for EU100.