ff1d1l

2017 Scalford classic system from the past fantasy room

In reality it sounded pretty mediocre IMO.

But....but....no, that couldn't be true.....that would mean the magazines all LIED!

These speakers

[video=youtube;FAhaKcnfBig]

Preferably paired with A Rockport Sirus III front end avec Kondo IO Ltd

Why?

I heard that very set up at Munich and it really wasn't up to much.

Will it look like this:

44403.jpg

:nerves:

I've stayed there, the wigwam motel on Route 66.

Super Wammer
I've stayed there, the wigwam motel on Route 66.

Except that it's a Teepee hotel, not a WigWam hotel......:geek:

S.

Arnie Nudell's original Infinity IRS system. Must have been something back in the day.... probably made Isobariks weep. First picture is his own room. KK got to hear the system, Nudell only used master tapes.

DSCN1096_zps33ddf306.jpg.b68ef3508396a2e

DSCN1082_zps3691b384.jpg.ed1eec6c491ccdb

DSCN1085_zps1908ba1a.jpg.b7e515a28df2086

DSCN1088_zps3f7dbcc6.jpg.b05871c79f68116

DSCN1096_zps33ddf306.jpg.adc6e8f4abdfa3a

DSCN1082_zps3691b384.jpg.8eb180d11383e89

DSCN1085_zps1908ba1a.jpg.be4775f2b9baa18

DSCN1088_zps3f7dbcc6.jpg.ba10ed065bbb23f

Arnie Nudell's original Infinity IRS system. Must have been something back in the day.... probably made Isobariks weep. First picture is his own room. KK got to hear the system, Nudell only used master tapes.

Tardis room granted...

Super Wammer
KEF KM1s at BBC Maida Vale

http://www.kef.com/html/en/explore/about_kef/museum/1980s/Professional_Series_km1/index.html

I visited the studios just after they had been replaced by the pretty impressive PMC BB5 XBDAs, so missed hearing the KM1s.

S

Remember hearing these at one of the Heathrow shows in the eighties...

Almost mine - LP12, Ekos, ATOC9 MLII, Naim 72/HiCap/140

Only the speakers spoil the show. B&W CM2s, originally bought for bookshelves in our previous gaff. Now need stands but Mrs TLM won't allow.

The core of the system was bought in 92. Either a case of "if you wait long enough, it will come back into fashion" or "wow, vintage, was that your Grandad's?" or "great quality lasts forever". Of course I subscribe to the latter ;-)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Get some Linn Kans on that Matt and you will be in musical heaven, although l suspect you are there already.:notworthy:

Lets just put this thread right, time warp system.

Voyd the Voyd, Helius Cyalene, Milltek Olympia, Audio Innovations 1000 pre, 2nd audio mono blocks and Impulse H6 or Snell Jii or E.

Pretty much what I had 20 years ago when my ears worked and I had time to play in the years BC (Before Children) not AD (After daughters)!!

Super Wammer

Even better, Snell A's :)

Lets just put this thread right, time warp system.

Voyd the Voyd, Helius Cyalene, Milltek Olympia, Audio Innovations 1000 pre, 2nd audio mono blocks and Impulse H6 or Snell Jii or E.

Pretty much what I had 20 years ago when my ears worked and I had time to play in the years BC (Before Children) not AD (After daughters)!!

Super Wammer
The way things are going you'll need to find a wormhole to another dimension to find a Wigwam show in 2017.:nerves:

i was just going to ask if there will be a show next year with all the recent uproar

A tardis is placed at the Wam's disposal for the 2017 show, and you are nominated to specify and retrieve a classic system from the past, consumer or pro.

Always hankered after hearing the HQD rig, myself:

666levinsonHGC.promo_.jpg?itok=P1U7jSgo

And it'd be interesting to see how this stacked up against modern kit....surprisingly well would be my prediction.

3029p5c.jpg

What would you choose?

Love these photo's! Does this mean your going to be wearing a suit at the next Wigwam show Nial? :D

That Naim system still looks amazing, their equipment is ageless! I'd swap those speakers out though get a nice set of modern (but still tradition looking) Harbeths on it if it was mine. bit too many boxes for me personally though and the old school naim sound, but I'd still love to hear it.

And that Naim system would probably stack up against modern kit easily, but it would probably cost you the same if not a lot more to buy now!

Gosh, those flairs look like they hurt to Ware!

Love these photo's! Does this mean your going to be wearing a suit at the next Wigwam show Nial? :D

T

Maybe...this kind of put me off...

[video=youtube;FmwQD1Y2k6g]