Hornucopia

USB cables - differences in sound?

Interesting article here http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/why-usb-cables-can-make-a-difference/

As I use a 5 metre usb in preference to sticking the dac by the computer, I often wondered if using a 5 metre phono would change the sound if I shifted my idea/dac.

And I'd love to try taking out the 5V line from the usb as my (MHDT Havana) dac is powered anyway. But.....sealed plugs?

Maybe a usb into (close-by) dac with a separate power line-(or none? Does the 5V line have any function into a powered dac?)

I'm sure this subject has been aired before! (Cable wars!!) but, hey-ho; it's raining outside.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Audiophiles should try take as much care in the selection of their digital cables (both USB and Ethernet) as they do with their analogue signal cables and power cords.

that's all we need to know then :testy1:

in other reports shock / horror that cable foo peddlers recommend expensive USB cables

Super Dealer
that's all we need to know then :testy1:

in other reports shock / horror that cable foo peddlers recommend expensive USB cables

:P:P:P

Supra USB cable 1mtr £27, even wammers can afford that surely?

Buy one from MCRU - he has your best interests at heart and needs to earn a living too. Win, win

:P:P:P

Supra USB cable 1mtr £27, even wammers can afford that surely?

I don't think so because an important part of being 'objective' is about making a point, and buying a USB cable at the lowest possible price makes the point better than your 'over priced' and 'foo tainted' bargain. Where is the thrill of a solder joint failing at any time with your Supra nonsense?

Interesting article here http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/why-usb-cables-can-make-a-difference/

As I use a 5 metre usb in preference to sticking the dac by the computer, I often wondered if using a 5 metre phono would change the sound if I shifted my idea/dac.

And I'd love to try taking out the 5V line from the usb as my (MHDT Havana) dac is powered anyway. But.....sealed plugs?

Maybe a usb into (close-by) dac with a separate power line-(or none? Does the 5V line have any function into a powered dac?)

I'm sure this subject has been aired before! (Cable wars!!) but, hey-ho; it's raining outside.

Data%20laughing.gif

• Upvote 1

USB cables - differences in sound?

No. :)

It would be possible to be more forceful in stating the point, but a simple 'no' works fine.

Just as there is no difference here between 'no' and 'no effing way whatsoever', so is there no difference between USB cables. As stated many times already, rudimentary knowledge of the process of signal transfer in the ditigal realm is enough to understand why and how there cannot be.

Please, don't start on about various unproven 'effects' that simply cannot work in digital transfer.

No. Possible. Difference. Whatsoever.

Super Wammer
Where is the thrill of a solder joint failing at any time with your Supra nonsense?
never had a USB cable fail on me, especially since they are normally not soldered

I bought a printer about 5 years ago. Cheap banger that cost about £40 in Curries. Think its a Canon or something, I honestly cant remember. It came with a usb cable that I now use to connect my Mac Mini to my DAC. The cable must have a cash value of less than twenty pence.

Sounds absolutely perfect.

usb printer cable sound worse than usb cable created for music and the simple reason,they use better copper or silver inside audiophile usb cable,better shielding