barneys dad

Scalford music.What kept bums on seats & what cleared your room like a Doombar fart?

When I sat Rob's room I had success with:

Hendrix - Axis Bold as Love

and

Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring

and

The Beatles - Love CD

Susan Vega cleared the room btw

Steve and Robin room? (Audio Note gear)

Steve played a cd called Dead Wood i think ? maybe he will post it up, to jog my memory. ;-)

Oldius played me something good as well, it said on the front cd cover that it was a cross between Funkadelic and someone else. Sorry it's vague, but I thought it was excellent, should of stayed longer in his room. :doh:

I really enjoyed a few tracks from Bill Callahan's "Sometimes I wish we were an Eagle", in Jim & Marks room.

A Fantastic Album

Cheers BB

- - - Updated - - -

Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart, I'd rather go blind.

Joe Bonamassa would get me out of the room, I'd rather go deaf!

Cheers BB

Steve and Robin room? (Audio Note gear)

Steve played a cd called Dead Wood i think ? maybe he will post it up, to jog my memory. ;-)

Ah that would be from an album called Chainsaw of Life by Hellwood, for which I owe eternal thanks to Sodders for introducing it to me.

Played two tracks, Fireworks Factory first then Thomas Dorsey. :^

- - - Updated - - -

Good to have said hello.

Harv playing Norah Jones was a highlight :)

Weepin' Willie was great, can't remember who was playing that one ;-)

My favourite track of the day was by Tim Dalling, played by ff1d1 ??

Tim's a mate of mine, another mate, Ian Carr was playing guitar on that track. One of the great understated acoustic guitar solos.

It's from his CD Blossom and the track's called "Meeting Point". Another great track on that CD is the Flight of the Beer Monkey. But different.

The Bandcamp page where you can buy it is here

https://timdalling.bandcamp.com/album/blossom

His new album Eve's Bonie Squad is excellent too.

While I remember there was a lot of interest in a CD I played by another artist on Bandcamp, it was William Jay Henderson 'The Sun Will Burn Our Eyes' - great alt country with found sounds, should be much better known.

Finds for me at the show were Rhiannon Giddens (Lenco room) and Nils Lofgren live acoustic (Westsounds) which I are mainly listening to this week.

Tim's a mate of mine, another mate, Ian Carr was playing guitar on that track. One of the great understated acoustic guitar solos.

It's from his CD Blossom and the track's called "Meeting Point". Another great track on that CD is the Flight of the Beer Monkey. But different.

The Bandcamp page where you can buy it is here

https://timdalling.bandcamp.com/album/blossom

His new album Eve's Bonie Squad is excellent too.

While I remember there was a lot of interest in a CD I played by another artist on Bandcamp, it was William Jay Henderson 'The Sun Will Burn Our Eyes' - great alt country with found sounds, should be much better known.

Finds for me at the show were Rhiannon Giddens (Lenco room) and Nils Lofgren live acoustic (Westsounds) which I are mainly listening to this week.

Googled and realise I have seen Tim with The New Rope String Band, incredibly funny live act but didn't know he made such beautiful solo music :^

Googled and realise I have seen Tim with The New Rope String Band, incredibly funny live act* but didn't know he made such beautiful solo music :^

* sadly no more

I really enjoyed what other people brought to our room. Amongst others, Simon's African Head Charge was great and Mike Steelhull brought a Bitches Brew box set which sounded fantastic and not something I would have dared play myself. Nobody moved!

These seemed to go down particularly well.

61W0TdpXM3L.jpg

51YbM%2BoQICL.jpg

The other album I played which everyone was asking about, and which actually drew people in asking what it was, was 9bach's Tincian. Great music, wow recording and a fabulous female singer.

51c2L4UMCTL._SX466_PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

Joanne Shaw Taylor: White Sugar Album, first track called 'Going Home'. Serge and I put this on a few times during the day. It was great to see foot-tapping and heads to and fro-ing in unison from the assembled throng.

Don't think anything I played did much either way - even 12 minutes of Brandenburg no.3 (requested by a young couple) didn't drive out other visitors (as indeed it shouldn't!). I only played 2 or 3 tracks from any one album though.