onlyconnect

Raspberry Pi Audio

Thanks Tim

I found your room fascinating. It might well have been me who exclaimed "I've been doing it all wrong all these years!". Not sure if the digi amp will drive my Logans but intend having a play with a Raspberry. Thanks for putting on such an interesting room and great to see just how good hifi on a budget can sound.

25986499335_7fbe8f4f71_c.jpg

Pi x 2 by Baz, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the writeup, that was a room where I was dying to ask questions but didn't want to talk over the music so it's great to read about it. I spent a while looking for the amplifier, following the cables etc like everybody else. I was impressed by the sound coming out of the Cambridge Audio speakers, I would certainly put this in the top 40% of rooms based on the sound quality, maybe higher.

I did not know those modules had an amp built in.

Would have been interested to hear this if I weren't exhibiting - I will order one for to play with.

I've been wondering whether a Pi-Amp module might be any good to go with my Pi & Pi-DAC - I think you've answered my question !

I though this was a very interesting room and I've sent the write up to some non or borderline HIFI pals who do have Pis. Thanks for your efforts!