vinilli

scalford impressions from a noob

I'd hate to think that positive criticism is, in any way, not appreciated.

But you have to always remember that putting on the Scalford Show.... COSTS.

Personal time.

Time off work.

Time making stuff.

Cost of making stuff.

Effort.

The strong likelihood that a precious piece of hifi will inevitably get damaged (or sawn up to get it into a room)

Hotel room costs.

Feeding & especially watering oneself over the weekend.

The years of knowledge & expertise that go into putting that system together, just to entertain others, for a few hours.

A psychiatrist would have a bloody field day.

Respect.

This just this!

It was my first time at Scalford this year, fortunately the room l was helping exhibit didn't have any random people saying silly things, but l really do feel for any room that had that!

I now fully appreciate the amount of work that goes into a single weekend after setting up on Sat and then the tear down on Sun evening plus a lot of travel time for a lot of people.

But all that aside it was a magic event and l will be back for more :D

I now fully appreciate the amount of work that goes into a single weekend after setting up on Sat and then the tear down on Sun evening plus a lot of travel time for a lot of people.

Just for a laugh, not looking for sympathy:

Packed Sunday in a rush, left at 17:30, got home 03:30 and unpack the kit, went to the office...

to find that our customer confirmed Friday night to have a meeting Tuesday, so had to drive another 4 hours after the lunch break and stay in a hotel tonight...:doh:

Good effort Rudy, nice to see you again. :^

The view from anoth first time attender......Utterly wonderful from start to finish, and a brief but wonderful glimpse into the world of dedication that each and every exhibitor puts into making it all happen......We marvelled at just how some of the speaker systems even made it into the rooms, we were in awe of the patience and friendliness with which questions were answered, the willingness to play unfamiliar music on their set up's. To each & every exhibitor, my heartfelt thanks & appreciation.....very tempted to join you next year :)

The view from anoth first time attender......Utterly wonderful from start to finish, and a brief but wonderful glimpse into the world of dedication that each and every exhibitor puts into making it all happen......We marvelled at just how some of the speaker systems even made it into the rooms, we were in awe of the patience and friendliness with which questions were answered, the willingness to play unfamiliar music on their set up's. To each & every exhibitor, my heartfelt thanks & appreciation.....very tempted to join you next year :)

ahh.....so you did attend.....didn't collect your pie order though :(

Super Wammer
I would take that as a 'yes'....

Paul

I translated it as "Here we go again!"

But I spoke to David Wright and he said that I'd need to get my 2nd Audios very quiet if going into horns so that is always a challenge . . . . . . . anyway, I've just seen another pig fly past outside my window.

Super Wammer
Just for a laugh, not looking for sympathy:

Packed Sunday in a rush, left at 17:30, got home 03:30 and unpack the kit, went to the office...

to find that our customer confirmed Friday night to have a meeting Tuesday, so had to drive another 4 hours after the lunch break and stay in a hotel tonight...:doh:

I feel your pain mate - there should be an award for the most miles driven in a car rammed with kit, top wamming

Super Wammer
When I visited Harv's room he was playing Norah Jones :shock: sounded very nice indeed :^

Thanks. After a while Harv and Nevi started playing music that that suited the freshly put together system of my MFA passive preamp feeding my Icon 845 monos into Harv's Focal speakers. It wasn't quite internet dating but it was one of those chance meetings of equipment that worked quite well and it all got on together without any tears.

Good effort Rudy, nice to see you again. :^

Yes, brilliant Rudy! Thank you so much for the sweets. My kids were so excited that you remembered them and you got them something from Germany. It has made their morning, honestly. :D

Good to meet you Rudy and thanks for the introduction to Bulgarian Cognac (a drink not a band)

That's a pity, it was really impressive with the Miyajima cartridge.

Do you know which model it was Guy?

Madake I think.