ff1d1l

First timer exhibitor experience

We had a great day.Thank you so much to everyone who organised and came. A truly friendly bunch- genuinely interested open minded people. Our experience: Very happy day: feedback was :the sound,( the dac) the system thumbs up- so that was great result for a first show. Klipsch speakers caused lot of interest. When are you connected them? Gregor had got them sounding so good at home. But they just sounded totally weird in the room and spoiled the sound of the dac. That was a big disappointment on Saturday and caused a rush for replacement. Luckily we had the 'other' speakers which caused equal amount of interest. lovely folks at the end of the day chilled out and stayed for the whole of Dark Side of the Moon. Thank you everyone, See you next year!

The horns sounded lovely too. I once heard something similar (with a larger baffle around it) at one of the Berlin ETF gatherings. They were pretty spectacular but I didn't expect to encounter any again. Remarkable for a 2 way system as well.

IMG_3965-1.jpg

Yes, I think these are the same horns. They couldn't fit the baffles as the room didn't quite allow it.

I loved these...went back four or five times, and managed to get the sweet spot twice.

They ticked all the boxes:

Hugely impractical

Unbelievably believable dynamic sound.

Rarer than a hen's dentist

Intricate and skilled woodwork...

I could go on. And what a nice guy the owner was too.

The furthest trip by an exhibitor this year were the guys who brought the huge Klangfilm horns and amps in the Lenco room.

All the way from Dortmund in Germany.

I watched the main amp coming down the stairs at the breakdown, it was a very heavy 4 man lift.

Rudi, one of the exhibitors in Syndicate 23 also bought a lot of heavy expensive gear in from Germany.

A truly massive effort.

:notworthy:

Absolutely! what an effort, and those Klangfilm horns were really impressive sounding speakers.

absolutely gave the show a real kudos. Wonderful exhibition of sight and sound

I agree, really nice guys also. I'd have loved to hear them in one of the big rooms, with the baffles, they make a big difference to the sound so I was told.

I asked why they left the baffles at home and they said that they worked out that they would be short of time because of the many slotted screws holding them together. A powered screw driver can't be used for fear of it twisting off the screw heads and gauging chunks out of that beautiful finish. It took them hours to take them apart apparently...

I understand Peter has a larger pair of Klangfilm speakers at home - if only we can persuade him to bring them to next years show!

I reckon in one of the big rooms, they would be spectacular. Amazing that something so beautiful was intended to be behind a cinema screen, out of sight! Really great to have heard them. :-)

I really enjoyed your system Nial, having it to myself for an hour was great fun and enabled me to have an extended listen with lots of different music. I played a bit of the stuff I bought myself and quite a few of your CDs too.

I had never heard the Uries before and was most impressed.

My favourite comment was from a chap who told me how wonderful the JVC power amp was and how he recognised the sound as soon as he came in the room.

I didn't tell him that the Luxman was playing at the time :)

That's a great anecdote, Tel...at least it was the Luxman, not some little class D jobbie off ebay...Actually they sound remarkably similar, the JVC and the Luxkit.

And great meeting you too Colin, glad to help. Your system sounded totally excellent, a real eye opener re KEF 104 speakers. Let alone your LS3/5A improved (heresy!).

Super Wammer

So there is hope for a 34yr old amp yet?

I want for everyone to be able to build one of these!

Faig

Read forum Luxkit

Z504

Well, actually Stephen, the JVC is nearly as old!

Thanks very much by the way for the service manuals and other interesting materials which arrived salely in my inbox.

The Luxkit pre I was buying arrived malfunctioning so has gone back under the vendors no quibble guarantee.