liffy99

Code of Practice for Scalford

I thought your points on Mr. Kipling were spot on. Technically your talk on plug wiring was a little confusing at times but well thought out never the less. The talk on Astra estates with the war of the wolds as backing Was both moving and insightful

Where can I get hold of a copy of this war of the wolds of which you speak? Would I be expecting too much to hope for hardcore unaccompanied finger in the ear singing and maybe a little morris dancing?

Admin

You run the risk of someone thinking of you are going for their muffin.This could end badly for you...

QUOTE=Chivas;2279952]Speaking of code of practice, for me the highlight of the show is to put names to faces, and I often had to stop myself from turning someone's lanyard over if I couldn't read the name. Would this be considered against the code of practice? Btw sorry if it felt like I was staring at your breasts yesterday, I was just trying to read your handle..

As a first time exhibitor, I appreciate the suggested code of practice, however at the heart of WAM is hifi with a Punk twist. That what a fell for the time I went Scalford three years ago, and long may it continue. I found some visitors wanna chat, other just enjoy the music, others equipment train spotters, technical bods, all varied and interesting, so my presentation approach varied according to the visitors, which is my personal code.

As a first time exhibitor, I appreciate the suggested code of practice, however at the heart of WAM is hifi with a Punk twist. That what a fell for the time I went Scalford three years ago, and long may it continue. I found some visitors wanna chat, other just enjoy the music, others equipment train spotters, technical bods, all varied and interesting, so my presentation approach varied according to the visitors, which is my personal code.

Great post Barrington.

Super Wammer

Having man handled (all be it a small man :) ) my equipment on a 600 mile round trip, which was nothing compared to our German friends, who bought the largest speakers I have ever seen, all the way from Dortmund, to exhibit at our own expense, I would like to politely suggest that you F#*k off, and leave the people who organise, exhibit, and attend this wonderful event, to continue do so, in their own unique way.

Take kit

Set it up in a mystery environment

Make it sound as good as it can

Wait for visitors

Let the music do the talking.

:^

Scalford need not be any more complicated than that.

• Upvote 1

Take kit

Wait for visitors

You forgot about the "Bully a hungry man using KFC as the weapon" bit, pal.

Speaking of code of practice, for me the highlight of the show is to put names to faces, and I often had to stop myself from turning someone's lanyard over if I couldn't read the name. Would this be considered against the code of practice? Btw sorry if it felt like I was staring at your breasts yesterday, I was just trying to read your handle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear, I think I did just that. If I turned anyone's lanyard against some code, please accept my humble apologies. Of course, I was really looking to see if you'd dripped egg down your chest!

You forgot about the "Bully a hungry man using KFC as the weapon" bit, pal.

I bloody offered you some.:off:

Oh...Hang on...I might have offered it to someone worthy.:oops: Yep, it was Testy.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh dear, I think I did just that. If I turned anyone's lanyard against some code, please accept my humble apologies. Of course, I was really looking to see if you'd dripped egg down your chest!

Mine had my name on both sides because I'm posh (and the printer is a knob nice man):D

Super Wammer

Well I am old, antisocial and grumpy, Scalford is my best day of the year. It was even better this year IMO with the pavilion and better signs than ever.

Oh...Hang on...I might have offered it to someone worthy.:oops: Yep, it was Testy.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine had my name on both sides because I'm posh (and the printer is a knob nice man):D

In that case please accept my humble apologies for not playing with your lanyard.

Yup. Your Mrs offered me some, though!!

Well I am old, antisocial and grumpy, Scalford is my best day of the year ...

Even if the first Wammer you meet with a handshake (in the car park at Leicester Forest East !) is one who has owed you an amp since goodness knows when ? Such good nature rather refutes your opening claims :).

VB

Super Mod

This isnt the Pub Car Park....which is probably a feckin good thing.

Before 10am, Mr Liffy99 posted all the things that are wrong with the Scalford Show, AND the hotel, then logged off.

Its 7.46pm and the :KH:is still logged off.

If theres one thing that gets on my tits, its some opinionated clever :KH: starting a thread, and not going back, just in case they might just have started some total feckin shitstorm.

Next time I'm in Glastonbury, I am tracking this total :KH: down and giving him a jolly good talking to.

I'll ask him about his equipment and if he talks during the music I shall get a bit cross.

For my unexpurgated opinion on our opinionated friend, nip outside to the pub car park.

Clue:

Might rhyme with hunt.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Take kit

Wait for visitors

Or alternatively my version this year...

Arrive unload and setup

Panic because its sounds terrible and dash to B&Q 10 mins before closing for paving stones

Fiddle until 1am trying to get it to sound right... or a least so you're happy

Then decide before going to bed to short one of your monoblocks :doh:

Spend 30mins with Lionel trying to get it to work :hug:

Wander around trying to find mini internal fuses at 2.30am

Amazingly actually manage to get given some! (thanks Mark) :^

Find out it still doesn't work :cs:and give up and decide to bed

discover you're locked in the main hotel and can't get to the new block to go to bed

wake the missus up at 4am and tell her you've decided to run mono :?

get woken up at 7 am to be told do you want to borrow this amp or this amp for the day

8am Meet the saviour wammer Nick (fourlegs) for the first time :notworthy:

help carry his shiny and heavy Icon Mono's and music first Pre re-setup system

fiddle as first punters arrive

Point at Nick every time someone asks me questions about valve amps :oops:

Relax and enjoy the show :party:

Much prefer your version :D