liffy99

Code of Practice for Scalford

It's a set of suggestions, meant in good faith, but possibly sensitive on the day after a great event.

Let's stop the thread getting too critical.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Super Wammer
maybe be an 'approved footwear' section? :whistle:

Eh, only one person spontaneously burst into laughter when they saw my footwear............

Super Mod
It's a set of suggestions, meant in good faith, but possibly sensitive on the day after a great event.

Let's stop the thread getting too critical.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The worst aspects of this thread are:

• His "suggestions" are based on a TOTAL lack of experience, knowledge and empathy.

• He obviously has spent little or no time on the Wam to get the ethos of how the Show and its membership work.

• He has blatantly not spoken to any exhibitors. Maybe if he did, it would be about something boringly techie.

• He got up this AM, posted, and logged off, smugly self satisfied he'd told us what to do, so he could go to his real job as a Health & Safety consultant or full time pain in the Harris.

I'm not angry, or even a tiny bit annoyed.

Anyone with any sense would write that, save it, go away, think, read it back & maybe concider how it might go down.

Lead. Balloon.

Wondering if he'll bother logging back on, now his task is completed :roll:

Stop the press....he has more advice for us..... & the hotel....and The European Parliament*

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?131858-2nd-timer-show-thoughts&p=2279582#post2279582

* Lied about the last one.

• Upvote 2

Eh, only one person spontaneously burst into laughter when they saw my footwear............

Could be talking about my footwear..

No, no, its a great idea.

And what about having a Wigwam kite mark, so that all equipment exhibited is fit for purpose?

Maybe a Wigwam approved course in public speaking so that those in-room expositions to the public are both informative and succinct? And maybe contain a few well turned bon mots?

I think this could run and run, run being the operative word...

Super Wammer
Could be talking about my footwear..

Phew.....BobC's reaction to my plimsolls made me wonder.......

Sadly 50 x 5 min talks and the day is nearly done.

I thought your points on Mr. Kipling were spot on. Technically your talk on plug wiring was a little confusing at times but well thought out never the less. The talk on Astra estates with the war of the wolds as backing Was both moving and insightful

• Upvote 1

Exhibited three times and been involved to a small degree in the organisation for a few years.

Am involved in local politics (same thing, different context).

Many people know how to do it better, yet have never done it better or ever been involved in doing anything similar.

Armchair activists, we call them.

Constructive feedback is welcome everywhere and at any time. Telling people who've near killed and bankrupted themselves that they've done it all wrong is as welcome a a turd in a curry.

- - - Updated - - -

And from personal experience, you try waffling on about your system and how wonderful it is. Visitors come to Scalford to listen to music and systems, not aresholes talking about them.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Barneys Dad, stunning absolutely stunning was in your room when you played led zeppelin, I want your quads thanks for bringing them, and really appreciate all the hard work from everyone who bought their stuff, I think constructive criticism is good, and it worries me if we start bringing in lots of rules, its just perfect as it is, and the exhibitors where very informative lets not forget the organisation was brill !

Pete

Yeah, that's what this place is for:^

Hahahahaha.

Posting a bit near the wire because I'm still laid low with the flu and it all hurts and I am really wound up. In every walk of life, I do get a little 'stressed' by people who know how to do everything better, but never actually do anything.

Hahahahaha.

Posting a bit near the wire because I'm still laid low with the flu and it all hurts and I am really wound up. In every walk of life, I do get a little 'stressed' by people who know how to do everything better, but never actually do anything.

'You don't want to do it like that, what you need to do is...'

_44975710_harry_enfield_1990466bbc.jpg

Speaking of code of practice, for me the highlight of the show is to put names to faces, and I often had to stop myself from turning someone's lanyard over if I couldn't read the name. Would this be considered against the code of practice? Btw sorry if it felt like I was staring at your breasts yesterday, I was just trying to read your handle..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk