Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Sign in to follow this  
gintonic

Thank you to all exhibitors and organisers

They were mine and the photographs are in my house. Delighted they've gone to a good home. Cool speakers that sound a lot more modern than they appear but in a very good way indeed.

Possibly IPL Acoustics speakers?

http://www.iplacoustics.co.uk/IPL%20HI%20FI%20&AV.htm

Tim

Thanks Tim, yes they were the Transmission Line Model.

Cheers BB

... a flat frequency response and clarity. Oh, yes, and 3-dimensionality. I'm glad you enjoyed the system.

Definitely hit the spot for me. Really enjoyed the Eagles through it. And Serge's live JJ Cale track was something else :love:

They were mine and the photographs are in my house. Delighted they've gone to a good home. Cool speakers that sound a lot more modern than they appear but in a very good way indeed.

Ah, Sorry about the pics in your house, but they were the only ones I could find on the Internet, information on them is vague. I'll remove them if you want?

I just love the sound of them, they are different from what I usually use, and they are pretty sensitive, the Mrs loves them not. :rofl:

Many thanks for your donation and I'll look after them, they weigh a ton and are solid built things.:^

Happy for you to use the pictures. I didn't donate them, I sold them some time ago.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Happy for you to use the pictures.

Thanks. It allows others that was at the show/raffle to see what was on the trolley wheels and under the bubble wrap. :^

I would also like to thank Crimson donkey and I think it was Jampal who after only just managing to sit down, I came along looking for my prize speakers in the pavilion only to find the pavilion empty and the lights out. They both went into overdrive and located them for me.

Yay! - you located them. :^

I was the guy who pointed you in James JamPal's direction as a likely source of knowledge. :)

I too would like to thank all the organisers and everyone who supported them, it was a really great weekend..

and thanks to Rob (Hoops) for room sitting for an hour, that was really appreciated

I got all my gear back in the house on sunday night and it's still bubble wrapped i need to set it up and play some of the many vinyl's i came home with.

thanks for all who visited my room and the guys that came back .. and back again..

being a DIY room and on the 2nd floor and well out of the way, my room was suprisingly full all day, and many seemed to clearly enjoy my efforts.. I know a 5 watt Set amp and open baffles dont generally attract the majority.. But i had a good day

Thanks to Rob i had an hour for a quick scoot around, i was drawn towards the haywards speakers, ... Respect from me to you all in that room !

I spent six weeks getting the crossovers on my baffles something like right... Setting those things up to work in harmony i guess is quite a challenge? But it was a very good result..

There was quite few rooms that i missed, but the ones i visited where all impressive ...again thanks to you all.

roll on 2017- i may well have another pair of speakers to bring by then if things go to plan.. There seems to be a lot more DIY as the years go by

thanks..

Yay! - you located them. :^

I was the guy who pointed you in James JamPal's direction as a likely source of knowledge. :)

Thanks for your help Jerry.

I got rather delayed towards the end of the day loading vehicles but all ended well, thanks to others and the spirit of Wam.

I too would like to thank all the organisers and everyone who supported them, it was a really great weekend..

and thanks to Rob (Hoops) for room sitting for an hour, that was really appreciated

I got all my gear back in the house on sunday night and it's still bubble wrapped i need to set it up and play some of the many vinyl's i came home with.

thanks for all who visited my room and the guys that came back .. and back again..

being a DIY room and on the 2nd floor and well out of the way, my room was suprisingly full all day, and many seemed to clearly enjoy my efforts.. I know a 5 watt Set amp and open baffles dont generally attract the majority.. But i had a good day

Thanks to Rob i had an hour for a quick scoot around, i was drawn towards the haywards speakers, ... Respect from me to you all in that room !

I spent six weeks getting the crossovers on my baffles something like right... Setting those things up to work in harmony i guess is quite a challenge? But it was a very good result..

There was quite few rooms that i missed, but the ones i visited where all impressive ...again thanks to you all.

roll on 2017- i may well have another pair of speakers to bring by then if things go to plan.. There seems to be a lot more DIY as the years go by

thanks..

Hi Steve - good to meet you on Saturday and thank you for the pint!

Your system is the only open baffle system I've enjoyed - let alone wanted to stay for more than just 15 seconds. Good work :)

Ok sorry for the late post but here a few general observations .

The pavilion was a great success freeing up the normally crowded foyer in the hotel only downside please have Guinness on draught :roll: but otherwise excellent . Freedom to browse the record stalls in a less oppressive situation was a great success but the downside was that Hawkeye trading got £125 of my money in a bout 10 minutes flat :shock:.

Now to the sounds .

1. LodgeSound . Yes yes yes . Returned here on quite a few occasions and not just because they had the comfiest seats in the house . Effortless is an often overused word when describing hifi but this truly was . Also some lovely compilations of music being played especially on the Nagra ( want one but £8500) and the Rogers Loud speakers . Thank you.

2.SCIDB .As always Dean sets the bar high . Seats are wasted cos you just want to get up and dance . Played a new vinyl purchase from me and then played me some Galatica ( epic and ordered ) With my Kharma speakers about to be put into storage the Snell J speakers seriously impressed with their level of bass from the groove . Cheers mate

3. Papa and Tons of fun . Again played my purchase and seriously impressed with the Avid Ingenuium deck and the AN K loudspeakers lots of of get up and go and bass that surprised

4. Jampal for such a slim footprint who'd have thought the Triangles could rattle the light fittings . This room is a difficult one to get right and Jim did a good job

5.Testure and Meninblack . A bad room here as Caroline eyes lit up at the seriously beautiful and cool looking Aurelia loudspeakers and said what about replacing your speakers with those . Ahem a rattling version of Olivers army was played and we made an excuse and left

6. Doms room . Again just loved it i think the first time i entered Beck was playing and it sounded so good . Dom puts on Fleetwood Mac live from 1970 and the system shows its versatility . People even listened to Radiohead and didnt leave till the end :P

7 I think this was my favourite Bromwellyn and JVS and came back twice . Best I've heard JVS 's speakers and the treble was so sweet plus a turntable that looks minimalistic in design but is anything but and made glorious sounds . I had to leave though cos the spell of the pork pies was making me ravenous :)

Dean is very much an integral part of his system :cool: I'm sure he could set up in a garden shed and it would still sound good.

I don't know what Dean as on when I visited his room but somebody had nicked his drum kit and he didn't even notice as we listened to Zep.

Dean is the king of music.

I've never, ever heard his system sound anything less than magical, and he always delights with his music choices. A God among men.