gintonic

Thank you to all exhibitors and organisers

My first visit and first time (co) exhibiting. Had a great time, all that I expected and more. Very welcoming atmosphere and great to put so many faces to names or whatever. Already planning next year in my head and will post some photos later.

cheers

• Upvote 1

Son and I have inflicted our entry level kit on most of Scalfords and attended them all. We ruminated ( yes it is legal!) over the enormity of it.

Consider the idea that a gettogether of private individuals used to solitary homely personal listening to non mainstream music on kit made in minor workshops and who live up to a 1000 miles apart held in an isolated low star hotel with no lift to aid ŵith very delicate and hugely heavy electronica and Expect folk to come for a fee!

it could not work more than twice

yet!!!

Well done Anthony and the A Team and all the fetchers and carriers .

I had an all round great day !

Super Wammer

Thanks to all the organisers, guests and other exhibitors. I had a great weekend.

Yes, a big thanks to the organisers, the exhibitors and all who made it possible.

I've just unpacked the car after an unpleasant drive back (largely due to an excess consumption on curry, full English breakfasts and Doombar). Major thanks are due to the the Wammers who helped cart in my very heavy speakers and to those who helped cart them out again. The fact that a very steep flight to stairs was involved was no bother either :notworthy:.

I shared with Rudy (68Rednose) and Mike (Maverick) who I had not met before but will look forward to meeting again. Considering our kit went into an unknown room with almost no planning (other than to make sure we had loads of Ikea tables), worked without fault and sounded adequate :cafe:. Sunday night curry was excellent as usual. The good weather was a bonus, but the main thing was the amount of time I spent laughing. The whole event was a great laugh. Hats of the Anthony in particular for organisational prowess and the staff at the hotel for being incredible both early and late on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

Thoroughly enjoyable weekend and huge thanks to the organisers.

Managed to find quite a few fellow JVC fans and the tape deck was a surprisingly popular source :)

Thans to everyone visiting the room and for the kind and generous comment.

Roll on Scalford 2017!

Great show. Although James leaving me in charge of a 25 grand record player when my only experience of record players is dj decks and 12" dance singles.... got me a bit twitchy!

:nerves:

Really enjoyed Oldius JBLs, papa & Eds ANKs, the IPLs with the yellow drivers, Ian's Harbeths and the big clone amp, Robins Es with Steve's amp up them playing Leftfield.

Super Wammer
I've just unpacked the car after an unpleasant drive back (largely due to an excess consumption on curry, full English breakfasts and Doombar). Major thanks are due to the the Wammers who helped cart in my very heavy speakers and to those who helped cart them out again. The fact that a very steep flight to stairs was involved was no bother either :notworthy:.

I shared with Rudy (68Rednose) and Mike (Maverick) who I had not met before but will look forward to meeting again. Considering our kit went into an unknown room with almost no planning (other than to make sure we had loads of Ikea tables), worked without fault and sounded adequate :cafe:. Sunday night curry was excellent as usual. The good weather was a bonus, but the main thing was the amount of time I spent laughing. The whole event was a great laugh. Hats of the Anthony in particular for organisational prowess and the staff at the hotel for being incredible both early and late on Sunday.

better change my name then <giggle> wonder if I get in this Esquire article this year under an assumed name? :cool:

serious a great room with great wammers and saturday post Rugby until early hours with quite a few wammers drinking with us was awesome fun with great tunes spinning

Super Wammer

My first Scalford and really enjoyed the show; thanks and congratulations to all the organisers and exhibitors - such a friendly atmosphere and some amazing kit on display.

Great show. Although James leaving me in charge of a 25 grand record player when my only experience of record players is dj decks and 12" dance singles.... got me a bit twitchy!

:nerves:

Really enjoyed Oldius JBLs, papa & Eds ANKs, the IPLs with the yellow drivers, Ian's Harbeths and the big clone amp, Robins Es with Steve's amp up them playing Leftfield.

Thanks Steve. The JBL L96's seemed to go down really well.

I had a great time, many thanks to all the visitors. Anthony, whose efforts in making it a great show were obvious and really successful, top job. To all the exhibitors, every room I heard was great, and the equipment was stunning. The Coleman crew

deserve a special mention, every room takes effort, but the effort taken to put that system together was gargantuan, and the

results were spectacular.

Massive thanks to Bandit pilot and Jess, sharing just made the whole show so much better, and the company was great.

• Upvote 1

Thanks also to the folk who made such kind comments about my little rig, and hopefully I managed to prove that Cyrus gear can sound ok.

Much better than OK! I used to believe all JVC and Cyrus kit was something to avoid. I was wrong.

Many thanks to Dave (Occasional Thinker) for letting me share his room and his AOS Studio 12XL speakers. It was my first time as an exhibitor and to be honest, I found it quite hard to stay put in my room, when there was still loads of gear out there that I didn't get to hear. However, the flip side was I had a reasonable amount of time to go to quite a few rooms and was still able to exhibit .

And lots of thanks too, for all those responsible in making the event happen every year.

Thank you to all those who visited our little room, sometimes it sounded hot and sometimes it did not, luck of the draw for visitors.

Great to see so many familiar faces and catch up with old and new friends.

Personal thank you to:

Navigator (Dad) for your support after a difficult few weeks.

Mum - for the lovely packed lunch (NOM NOM NOM!).

Tim (spider) and Kate (velvet vortex) & Jack for very kindly room sitting for an hour or so and being horribly nice to me.

Rob (Hoops on toast) for being amazingly generous.

Craigmclellan for the great tape deck (dolby S!).

Rick (bandit pilot) for just being a good bloke in general.

All those that helped me carry my kit THANK YOU! (remind me who you are:doh::oops:).

Thank you to the hotel and staff and to Anthony and the team of organisers behind the scenes making it all happen.

Top job.

Super Wammer
Thank you to all those who visited our little room, sometimes it sounded hot and sometimes it did not, luck of the draw for visitors.

Great to see so many familiar faces and catch up with old and new friends.

Personal thank you to:

Navigator (Dad) for your support after a difficult few weeks.

Mum - for the lovely packed lunch (NOM NOM NOM!).

Tim (spider) and Kate (velvet vortex) & Jack for very kindly room sitting for an hour or so and being horribly nice to me.

Rob (Hoops on toast) for being amazingly generous.

Craigmclellan for the great tape deck (dolby S!).

Rick (bandit pilot) for just being a good bloke in general.

All those that helped me carry my kit THANK YOU! (remind me who you are:doh::oops:).

Thank you to the hotel and staff and to Anthony and the team of organisers behind the scenes making it all happen.

Top job.

Practising for the Oscars Rob? :)

You forgot Mondelez International...