gintonic

Thank you to all exhibitors and organisers

My first visit to the show and found it excellent. Many thanks to all involved in the organisation in any way, not forgetting the two raffles, and all the exhibitors; just sorry that there wasn't time to see them all, but your dedication and effort is very much appreciated. :notworthy:

And a great opportunity to put faces to whats-its.

Long time lurker, 3rd time at the show.

P&R was pretty seamless, pavilion was a great idea, chops to all the exhibitors (especially the ones that allowed me & Mark to clear rooms with music choices) - it's a cracking event.

Very restrained this year - I think there was even beer left and a healthy supply of painkillers on Sunday... are we all getting old?

Special thanks to Jim and Mark for putting up with our music choices (also an *amazing* set up - not enough superlatives for that).

On a side note, if I could have fitted brumjam's rig in my bag I would have sold a kidney for it.

See you all, probably next year!

Me, Kate and Jack had another excellent weekend at the Scalfird Show.

It was cool to have my amp used in the show residing in Bandit Pilots and Loo's room.

Came home with a few new records from the Pavillion which was a brilliant addition.

I room sat Freefallrob's room for an hour and really enjoyed selecting music and entertaining the 72 people who spent time in his room over the hour.

It was an eye opener to know how an exhibitor feels while being scrutinised by visitors but it was very enjoyable.

my favourite rooms

The lenco room those huge cinema horns were very impressive.

Mark and Jim in the Simpson room which was stunningly good and beautiful kit to look at.

Bandit and Loo in syndicate 20

Dean SCIDB in room 236

Gromit in room 201

Lots of other rooms were good but those were my fav's today

I missed a few rooms as usual there was a lot to see and it is difficult to get into every room.

A massive thanks to all the organisers for all their hard work.

Looking forward to next year, I might even do a room myself in 2017.

• Upvote 1

I'm another happy visitor so big thanks to all involved, great effort! Lovely to see and chat so many friends. I thought there was even more varied kit on show this year. I wouldn't have thought that was possible!

Super Wammer

Well, I'm unhappy visitor as (knowing my luck) I was sidetracked this morning and couldn't get there before afternoon 15:00+ slot :x ... so it was not viable to track/rush up north via 2.5h drive from London and not have "complete" experience. Two hours there is certainly not optimal. More luck next year I guess :) Judging by early bird photos and comments it's a shame indeed ...

Super Mod

Big thanks to the organisers who put in a superhuman amount of graft to make sure this unique event keeps on happening.

Year after year.

This show is only as good as the people put in the work.

:notworthy:

The P&R was a huge success, journey times of 10 mins from Melton to Scalford.

Car parking ran like a Swiss clock.

Well done Anthony, you turned the organised chaos into a well oiled machine.

Now, where else can a woman post a cry for help, at 4.30am FFS, because her husband's amp has gone tits up, and by 6.40am she's got a choice of amp to suit his speakers.

By 8.15am a pair of Icon monos were making some lovely sounds in the Butlers Pantry and Nick, you turned a tragedy into a celebration.

If the wam awarded a Victoria Cross, you deserve one.

Thanks to everyone who put up with me going into meltdown on Saturday nite after the power sockets in the PDR tripped out for the 2nd time.

Think I might have got a tad tetchy there.

Thanks to everyone who dragged their precious stereos many 100s of miles to provide entertainment for the visitors.

A truly humbling experience.

Thanks to evryone who visited the PDR saturday nite and brought some outrageous vinyl to the party.

And if you didnt/couldnt/wouldnt make it, you have my upmost sympathy.

There isnt another Scalford, so you've got 364 days to make bloody sure you make it to the next one in 2017.

I thang yew.

The show just keeps getting better. I think overall the Marquee was a good idea. I might have felt differently if it was raining and blowing a gale, but today it was fine. Last night's buffet I thought was an improvement, as was the breakfast EXCEPT there was no real coffee, only that horrible instant stuff.

I always bring my own coffee! Would have been glad to make you a cup.

Tim

Yet another great Scalford weekend ! I tried to spend a bit more time in each room I visited this year, which meant that even though I was there on Saturday evening too I still missed a lot (most, in fact :(). The upside was that I got to learn about systems from more than just a single track. The downside was the loss of serendipity - where you go into a room whose kit list suggests nothing special but which turns out to be a complete eye-opening triumph.

As it was I only heard a couple of setups which didn't suit my taste, and I'm pretty sure that the owners were pleased with them so the problem was mine not theirs. I could have stayed all day in any one of the other rooms, so I feel bad about picking any out. But two which I really liked were Steve57's delightful (literally) DIY SET amp and speakers - the result of years of experience and care - and Zim's brilliant setup with his Nelson Pass based amp driving another set of DIY speakers, only at the other end of the size range. It was almost the end of the day when I heard this and it was just a joy.

So, hats off to every one of the exhibitors and to the organisers too. Thanks also to Wayne and Jim for their generosity with the seriously expensive booze on Saturday night (25-year-old calvados was, um, very more-ish !). Oh, and I though the raffle went well too ;-) !

Looking forward to next year already,

VB

Would echo what others have said, great show, hats off to the exhibitors, a not inconsiderable effort from yourselves, thanks for doing what you do.

Organisation was first class I thought, starting (and ending) with the park and ride, with a well manned and organised reception/entry, brilliant, thanks.

Congrats and thank you to all for making it a great day out.

Absolutely cracking weekend - but of course it'll never be any less. :)

Great atmosphere, top-drawer organisation (really pleased the P&R worked well for those using it) and just a pleasure to be part of in my own small way as an exhibitor.

Thanks also to the folk who made such kind comments about my little rig, and hopefully I managed to prove that Cyrus gear can sound ok. ;-)

Roll on 2017. :)

So many thank yous to do:

Anthony - great organisation and the innovations of the marquee and P&R were fantastic.

All the volunteers that do the front table.

JVS for letting me share Simpson room.

Myrman for the generous loan of his Modwright power amp. That was just the ticket to get the system sounding up to scratch.

Guy - for organising the pub.

Gregg for the intravenous brownies again! Kept me going on Sunday.

Dom, mickyricky and Stu touch of cloth for their help up the stairs with Jim's ridiculously heavy speakers.

Rudy for the Sunday tipples. Nice.

All the visitors who came and listened over the two days. Hope you had fun.

Super Wammer

A brilliant day all round, even the weather was good. hats off to Anthony for great organisation, Park and ride and the pavilion were a great innovation. A sincere thanks to everyone who played their part to make it a terrific day, I salute you!

My first visit to the show and I loved it.

Huge thanks to the organisers and exhibitors for putting on a tremendous weekend. I can't imagine anywhere else you would find such a diversity of systems and music. It was great to catch up with friends and to get to know some familiar names from the forum.

Hurry up 2017 :oj:

even the weather was good. hats off to Anthony for great organisation

Anthony is clearly an awesome guy, but I don't think he can take the credit for that. ;-)

Great show, as always. Thanks everyone who brought stuff, organized stuff, carried stuff, donned a fluorescent bib, or simply had the good grace not to bitch about a system or song they didn't like. I enjoyed everything I heard, and for once I'm not even going to pick favourites.

Even though my half of my park-and-ride experience didn't go as smoothly as it might, it was still considerably better than the numb-faced half-mile trek down the muddy bank through horizontal rain that I've had pretty much every other year. Definitely a change for the better.