paulf-2007

Was the show cancelled?

Super Mod
sorry Steve, I forgot what a long journey you have:)

You got me with that one!

In my defence, worked saturday.

Came home, packed 2 cars, kissed wife (once) patted dog (twice) (might have been other way round)

Went to Scalford.

Stayed till midnight ish, listening to Stu's dub reggae, and playing the sub much too loud :rockin:

Went home, bed 1am. Up 6am.

Walked dog, kissed wife (might have been other way round)

Scalford early, set up TT properly.

9.15 first punters arrive in PDR.

5pm pack up.

Arrive home, unload, kiss dog, pat the wife, 3 Ibuprofen, hot bath, very large espresso, 10 mins of telly sports news, get tarted up, go to Apurba,

Get there first as its my responsibility, beer & fag outside, phone Bikerboy & catch up on his no-show, 1st wammers arrive, sit down, and start laughing at the tales from the guys.

Give Steelhull a lift back to Scalford.

Home about midnight, pat sleeping dog, kiss sleeping wife, crash out.

7am get up walk dog, work.

Best weekend for many a long month.

• Upvote 1

Great Show! Park and Ride was an unqualified success and the extra space that the marquee thingy provided was a bonus.

Highlights in no particular order.

Gromit's room. (as usual)

The Gun Room. Those Urei speakers topped with the Decca Kelly horns sounded superb.

ijrussel's tiny Harbeths driven by the Aleph 30 clone. I could have sat in there for a very long time.

The 40 year old KEF Reference 104 speakers in greybeard's room showed just how much KEF have lost the plot in recent years.

The Philips ceramic cartridge feeding classic quad valve amplification and JBL L40s in Audioflyer's room sounded excellent.

I'd never heard of Robson Acoustics before, but the Opulus speakers in DaveofBradford's room were making some beautiful noises.

I can't say that any of the megabuck or off-the-wall systems did it for me, and some rooms disappointed, but there was certainly something for every taste.

Great show really enjoyed it bit of luck son will be doing it with me next year so i can get around a few a few rooms myself.. pity jan was feeling a bit under the weather with the tail end of a 3 day cold but still had great curry n beer must admit i am rather fond of The Ann of Cleaves in Melton great beer... and quality curry across the road who won what in the raffle ? .. until next year..

Lots of wammers probably posted pics in the HiFi SHOW section of the forum :)

And here of course

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2916721@N25/pool/

Hi all

My first show, and what a treat! I have come home with a need to spend...but that was inevitable. A really great day out, very informative, very impressive, and equally important, very welcoming.

A special thanks to those that moved chairs, opened doors, and generally helped my son who uses a wheelchair feel absolutely at home and comfortable. A great show to which we will return.

Thanks again

Howard

• Upvote 2

Great day. Can't remember which room was which but the guy with the yellow camouflage trousers had a great set up. Gutted i didn't win the pie. Too much to cram in to a day. Fantastic organisation and lay out. Gromit's room was excellent too. Loved the tiny speakers and the gorgeous Sony turntable. It simply played tunes. Shattered when i got back home so god knows what the organisers and exhibitors were feeling like. A credit to them though.

His setup may have been nice but yellow camo trousers obviously a man of poor taste.. he is obviously as mad as a fish be nice to see some pictures of the trousers !

Super Wammer

Moved to the 2016 Show section.

I was going to wear some yellow camo trousers but guessed that someone else might be doing that so went as a yeoman from Henry VII's army instead.

I nearly bumped right into the fella with the yellow camo trousers on the stairs a couple of times but fortunately didn't, probably because of the yellow camo trousers.

I was going to wear some yellow camo trousers but guessed that someone else might be doing that so went as a yeoman from Henry VII's army instead.

I thought it was a good look,only upstaged by the lady dressed as Nell Gwynn