startingfromscratch

For Sale - Primare D30.2 CD Player

IMG_3211%201.jpg

Black, in perfect working order, good condition with remote control, original box and user manual. It was £1500 when it was launched and I have owned it for more than 10 years. In this time it has always run faultlessly.

It has unbalanced and balanced outputs, a digital output and a removable power cord. The rear panel also has a toggle switch labeled Fixed Power; turned on, it keeps the D30.2's analog circuits powered up and warm even when in standby mode. There is a hidden power switch underneath at the front left to switch it off completely.

A review of the player can be found at http://www.stereophile.com/cdplayers/604primare/index.html

It has CD text for some CDs that have this.

There are 2 very minor blemishes on the front panel, so minor I didn't know they were there until I starting taking photos from certain angles. One is a tiny scratch to the left and below the screen, the other is a shallow graze on the screen (which may polish out).

I'm also including free of charge an additional C31 remote control and instructions (this was originally a £120 option), it worked perfectly until I left it for a few years and the battery leaked out. Now it doesn't work - there doesn't look to be too much corrosion so it should be fixable by someone who is handy with a soldering iron. It looks a lot nicer than the standard one and also controls some other Primare equipment.

The user manual for the CD player can be found here:

http://www.primare.net/assets/_managed/cms/files/D30.2UserManual.pdf

Technical Specifications:

Burr-Brown DF1704 digital filter and 4 Burr-Brown PCM1704 DACs.

Analog outputs: 1 pair unbalanced (RCA), 1 pair balanced (XLR).

Digital outputs: 1 S/PDIF (RCA).

Output level: fixed, 2.2V unbalanced, 4.4V balanced.

Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz, +0/-0.2dB.

Output impedance: 100 ohms.

THD+noise: 0.01%, 20Hz-20kHz (no reference level stated).

Signal/noise: 100dB (A-weighted, no reference level stated).

Power consumption: <7.5W standby, <13.5W standby with Fixed Power on, <23.5W playing.

Measurements: 43cm wide, 38.5cm deep, 10cm high including the 3 feet.

Also listed with more details and photos on an auction site so until I receive the money it may be sold elsewhere.

Located in Bristol, can be heard playing anytime with your own kit and can be delivered to Scalford.

Price £550