graham67

Pioneer

154 posts in this topic

Super Wammer
I love these listening/mini bake off reports because it expands my musical horizons and with the benefit of Tidal I am listening to the tracks 30 seconds later.
Well done Nigel and Mike.
You forgot to mention what cables were being used though. Remember, the devil is in the detail.

Cheeky! But taking the bait...

Speaker cables were a nameless pair, gift from Mike when purchasing the Pioneer amps and speakers. Bare wire terminated.

Interconnects: captive cables on turntable, 1x that eBay pair I mentioned from Thailand from CD player to pre-amp, short Audioquest something or other from pre-amp to power amp.

Mains cables: all captive.

Just think how good this could sound with a high end Nordost "loom"! I am swimming in inky blacks at the thought of it.

Seriously, I believe I am now ready to embark on a journey which sees me comparing the name cables I am accustomed to today in my various systems with generic stuff to see how much if anything I lose. It that's for another day and another thread: this is not an invitation to turn "Pioneer" into a cables thread!

Super Wammer

We need to talk elsewhere from this thread. I have seen an isolating transformer being accredited with 'inky blacks' on a tv screen.

Yes, I nearly choked on my inky black coffee made from a kettle boiled on a dedicated spur. 

Sounds like a lot of fun and an interesting comparison.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Super Wammer
Sounds like a lot of fun and an interesting comparison.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It was, Geoff, and the (your) KEFs stood up wonderfully.