graham67

Pioneer Owners Club

Recommended Posts

Moderator

Still using the Pioneer PD-S507 that I've had for ages. It only gets used as a transport here, but seems to make a good job of it. From a purely practical point, I've never yet had it fail to read anything, even older discs that are starting to deteriorate. It's not too scruffy as a standalone player, but sonically I find the analogue stage a little 'flat' sounding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rabski said:

Still using the Pioneer PD-S507 that I've had for ages. It only gets used as a transport here, but seems to make a good job of it. From a purely practical point, I've never yet had it fail to read anything, even older discs that are starting to deteriorate. It's not too scruffy as a standalone player, but sonically I find the analogue stage a little 'flat' sounding. 

Because in 507 is not very good DAC, PCM1716 ( PE8001A ) , cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
3 hours ago, Tim_ said:

Untrue, because these players (PD-S6xx-7xx) are DAC PD2026 and PD2029. This is an entry-level DAC. PD2026 - 1 bit, cheap, the sound is not so hot. PD2029 - 1 bit, cheap 1 bit with built-in Legato Link. Good models start with PD-S8xx and PD-S9xx series, there are DAC PD2028 - 1 bit, the best of Pioneer, without built-in Legato Link. And of course your PIONEER PD-91 is even better, many times better, it is PCM65 - one of the best, expensive and rare multi-bit, with parallel input.

The best DAC that stood in Pioneer is PCM 63 and PCM 65.

You might have made it clearer that you were not quoting me, you were quoting me quoting someone else...

 I have not heard any PD-S other than the 505 I own and that’s a Precision version so couldn’t comment myself on the comparison. I did own a PD-91 for 12m and it was a lovely thing!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

You might have made it clearer that you were not quoting me, you were quoting me quoting someone else...

 I have not heard any PD-S other than the 505 I own and that’s a Precision version so couldn’t comment myself on the comparison. I did own a PD-91 for 12m and it was a lovely thing! 

Novice forgivable, Especially my English...

PD-91 pre top, top is PD-93. Outwardly, they are just handsome. TECHNICALLY PERFECT. Now Pioneer is not able to produce such a technique

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't there a PD95 as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

Wasn't there a PD95 as well?  

There was of course, but this is the sunset of the Golden era Pioneer. There DAC PD2028. This is level  models 8хх-9хх. It`s not URUSHI seriesPioneer-PD-95-17b.thumb.jpg.cced4e3e9512be04bdc2b8d878f35d76.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tim_ said:

There was of course, but this is the sunset of the Golden era Pioneer. There DAC PD2028. This is level  models 8хх-9хх. It`s not URUSHI seriesPioneer-PD-95-17b.thumb.jpg.cced4e3e9512be04bdc2b8d878f35d76.jpg

Ahh, I see :^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2017 at 16:22, Marc Hugo said:

I have one of these A-91D integrated amplifiers, a 66lb/29.94kg component.  Unfortunately I do not have the magnificent wooden side panels.

I own a PD-91 CD player and removed the side-panels because I didn't like the way they looked. :minikev:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tuga said:

I own a PD-91 CD player and removed the side-panels because I didn't like the way they looked. :minikev:

I tried that once when I had one, but put them straight back on :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:35, Tim_ said:

There was of course, but this is the sunset of the Golden era Pioneer. There DAC PD2028. This is level  models 8хх-9хх. It`s not URUSHI seriesPioneer-PD-95-17b.thumb.jpg.cced4e3e9512be04bdc2b8d878f35d76.jpg

It might not have the lush looks of the PD-91, PD-93, but internally it very much follows the cost no object approach of the earlier players.  Feast your eyes on this.

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/uncategorized/cd-mechanism-masterpieces-pioneer/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graham67 said:

It might not have the lush looks of the PD-91, PD-93, but internally it very much follows the cost no object approach of the earlier players.  Feast your eyes on this.

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/uncategorized/cd-mechanism-masterpieces-pioneer/

That's a gorgeous piece of hi-fi I must admit, and as nice as the earlier players as well it seems. I always quite liked the champagne individual look as well, gave it that air of regality. It was posh kit, at the time well beyond my reach, could only look at it in brochures and shops if I was lucky. There was a fancy matching amp as well Im sure, can't remember much about either tho tbh. You'd have to have the Elite badge wouldn't you :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.