graham67

Pioneer Owners Club

Still using the Pioneer PD-S507 that I've had for ages. It only gets used as a transport here, but seems to make a good job of it. From a purely practical point, I've never yet had it fail to read anything, even older discs that are starting to deteriorate. It's not too scruffy as a standalone player, but sonically I find the analogue stage a little 'flat' sounding.

19 minutes ago, rabski said:

Still using the Pioneer PD-S507 that I've had for ages. It only gets used as a transport here, but seems to make a good job of it. From a purely practical point, I've never yet had it fail to read anything, even older discs that are starting to deteriorate. It's not too scruffy as a standalone player, but sonically I find the analogue stage a little 'flat' sounding. 

Because in 507 is not very good DAC, PCM1716 ( PE8001A ) , cheap

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, Tim_ said:

Untrue, because these players (PD-S6xx-7xx) are DAC PD2026 and PD2029. This is an entry-level DAC. PD2026 - 1 bit, cheap, the sound is not so hot. PD2029 - 1 bit, cheap 1 bit with built-in Legato Link. Good models start with PD-S8xx and PD-S9xx series, there are DAC PD2028 - 1 bit, the best of Pioneer, without built-in Legato Link. And of course your PIONEER PD-91 is even better, many times better, it is PCM65 - one of the best, expensive and rare multi-bit, with parallel input.

The best DAC that stood in Pioneer is PCM 63 and PCM 65.

You might have made it clearer that you were not quoting me, you were quoting me quoting someone else...

I have not heard any PD-S other than the 505 I own and that’s a Precision version so couldn’t comment myself on the comparison. I did own a PD-91 for 12m and it was a lovely thing!

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

You might have made it clearer that you were not quoting me, you were quoting me quoting someone else...

I have not heard any PD-S other than the 505 I own and that’s a Precision version so couldn’t comment myself on the comparison. I did own a PD-91 for 12m and it was a lovely thing! 

Novice forgivable, Especially my English...

PD-91 pre top, top is PD-93. Outwardly, they are just handsome. TECHNICALLY PERFECT. Now Pioneer is not able to produce such a technique

• Like 2

Wasn't there a PD95 as well? 

5 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

Wasn't there a PD95 as well?  

There was of course, but this is the sunset of the Golden era Pioneer. There DAC PD2028. This is level  models 8хх-9хх. It`s not URUSHI seriesPioneer-PD-95-17b.thumb.jpg.cced4e3e9512be04bdc2b8d878f35d76.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim_ said:

There was of course, but this is the sunset of the Golden era Pioneer. There DAC PD2028. This is level  models 8хх-9хх. It`s not URUSHI seriesPioneer-PD-95-17b.thumb.jpg.cced4e3e9512be04bdc2b8d878f35d76.jpg

Ahh, I see :^

On 07/04/2017 at 16:22, Marc Hugo said:

I have one of these A-91D integrated amplifiers, a 66lb/29.94kg component.  Unfortunately I do not have the magnificent wooden side panels.

I own a PD-91 CD player and removed the side-panels because I didn't like the way they looked. :minikev:

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, tuga said:

I own a PD-91 CD player and removed the side-panels because I didn't like the way they looked. :minikev:

I tried that once when I had one, but put them straight back on :)

• Haha 1

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:35, Tim_ said:

It might not have the lush looks of the PD-91, PD-93, but internally it very much follows the cost no object approach of the earlier players.  Feast your eyes on this.

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/uncategorized/cd-mechanism-masterpieces-pioneer/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graham67 said:

It might not have the lush looks of the PD-91, PD-93, but internally it very much follows the cost no object approach of the earlier players.  Feast your eyes on this.

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/uncategorized/cd-mechanism-masterpieces-pioneer/

That's a gorgeous piece of hi-fi I must admit, and as nice as the earlier players as well it seems. I always quite liked the champagne individual look as well, gave it that air of regality. It was posh kit, at the time well beyond my reach, could only look at it in brochures and shops if I was lucky. There was a fancy matching amp as well Im sure, can't remember much about either tho tbh. You'd have to have the Elite badge wouldn't you :)