The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

graham67

Pioneer Owners Club

Nice urushi gear. This is my humble blue and spec system

[/img]

That is luvly Tety. Humble is not the first word that comes to mind, it looks the biz!

Wow! Do you have one of these? If not, that one might interest you. Odd thing really.

That's a nice rare item. Sadly I have decided to sell most of my collection by the end of this year, just keep best pieces (PL-1800, SX-1980 with HPM-100, series 3000 for bedroom, C-200 and some few more pieces and headphones.)

I was counting today and all together more than 250 various Pioneer items.

I have realized, that I really listen to only one setup, so decision has been made and for raised money I will buy Exclusive or Z series.

Any thoughts about it?

That is simply stunning!!

Does it sound as good as it looks?

Which of the two systems sound the best because that might be my next move.

If you ever did a bake off then that is one I would love to go too.

I have one of these A-91D integrated amplifiers, a 66lb/29.94kg component.  Unfortunately I do not have the magnificent wooden side panels.  I am not the original ownder but I am the second owner and very happy to be so.  I bought the accompanying speakers, a pair of Pioneer CS-73 units and the matching tuner, the F-91. Despite the fact that they are 1988 vintage, they are in flawless condition and clearly built to last.  The sound from this amp and speaker combination is something to behold.  The depth, control, poise and airy detail is quite phenomenal. The speakers, although havng a high sensitivity typical of large component drivers need the authority and current reserves of the A-91D. Typical of the era and of the niche in the range occupied by this amplifier, the MM/MC stage is of the same quality as Denon amplifier of the same era and price point....which is to say, excellent.  You would have to spend in excess of R25000 (£1200) for a comparable step-up. It's a gem and an obvious keeper, flattering all programme material with both fine projection and an open soundtage.  The sound is atmospheric and sparkles with detail.

Here is my A300R Precision, I had this for a few years now as my backup amp, works very well with Rogers speakers as it gives them a bit of pep.

P1010026.JPG

P1010028.JPG

On 16/03/2016 at 13:57, graham67 said:

I also have a Pioneer A300R Precision

How does the sound compare to the big A91, wouldnt mind a go of the big pioneer, bit long in the tooth now tho.

And pioneer do make some fantastic hi-fi

Super Wammer
Hello Graham,
No digital inputs , but it does have a facility whereby you can connect direct to the power amp please see photo.
I know very little about bi wiring but do you think it is possible to bi wire the speaker terminals on these? any further info much appreciated.
Paul
DSC_0375.jpg.5ced4fa824833ded79f6048357cd86d2.jpg
DSC_0375.jpg.e9ce3671b2bdacdbf150e914b18978c9.jpg

There is nothing to be gained by bi-wiring. The same signal goes down both cables unless there is something wrong with the amp. Bi-amping may offer differences. In my Arcam setup I have my bass driven from P38 power amp and treble from A38 integrated. On previous A85/P85 setup in tried swapping them over and the treble was just too dominant; have yet to try on current setup. Don't waste your time bi-wiring from the same amp.
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Finally Pioneers all racked up now.

DSC_0408.jpg.5e98c7553e16a1ba290f9f4a9357ceb5.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg.270e38a97a05fc1dcc1c7347f2ae65d3.jpg

DSC_0408.thumb.jpg.1c9ff05daffa282028a00b02ca007fb6.jpg

DSC_0409.thumb.jpg.938694205862065b628d2ef181606582.jpg

Lovely kit. I wasn't aware of the Urushi designed kit until a month ago when I popped round to Mike (Stylesound)'s place. His main listening room is an Aladdin's cave of vintage kit but in one of the bedrooms there is only one system and it's a nearly (because there is CD player which is not Pioneer) all-Pioneer system and that includes the speakers... I think it was P-90 and C-90 amps with Prologue 100 speakers. It looked gorgeous, especially with the illuminated level indicators in slightly subdued lighting, but I wasn't expecting it to sound like much - it sounded amazing!

I went home trying to work out where I could put another system...

• Upvote 1

that is a fantastic system!

• Upvote 1

Lots of great stuff in this thread. At 30kg, that A-91D is an absolute beast! Pioneer have a long history of making nice gear.

I used to own a CLD-D515 Laserdisc player (remember those?!) and a DV-585A DVD player which was really good. I currently have a BDP-450 Blu-Ray player but have never owned any of their high-end kit.

I remember when I first started getting interested/obsessed by HiFi separates, the A400 (?) integrated amp was very well regarded although I ended up with a NAD 302...

Anyone have any experience of their modern-day higher-priced stuff?

Edited by norliss
additional

Even to this day the pioneer PD91 is one of the best CD players Ive ever heard! I should have never have sold it. :(