hifinutt

verity audio

I know a number on here have heard verity audio . they are not hugely known but audio emotion are dealers and midland audio has a pair for sale

I managed to get rather a beautiful pair of verity audio Rienzi , they are smaller than they look here but here is a few thoughts

verity audio speakers hail from quebec and they have a very practical design . you can turn the lower woofer either forwards or backwards depending on your room . forwards is very good in smaller room

they go down to 35hz .

the quality of the veneer is superlative and they are not too big , under a metre high

they sound much bigger than they look and have a silky clear sound that is pretty addictive

the imaging once set up right with tweeters at ear height [ hence no Townshend stands as raises too high]

is quite compelling . they really do disappear

listening to eric bibb wonderful lyrics from live at FIP the song hold on really comes alive and that sense of presence really grabs you , in fact its been playing all week .

playing these with a modwright valve amp and class A power amp from msb they really come alive

it would be good to try with a 300b combination at some point

017_zpsuobin8sr.jpg

015_zpszriq98i9.jpg

014_zpsm6wub41h.jpg

013_zpsekquzb05.jpg

highly recommended . be interested in other folks thoughts

in case someone is wondering why I would like some time to try a 300b with these , this is what was said in a review

As mentioned above, for three delightful weeks I also used the Rienzis with the Song Audio SA-300 MB amplifiers. The Rienzis were possibly the best match for these low-powered tube monoblocks that I’ve yet heard. The Songs never ran out of steam at any sane listening level, and I could hear no frequency-response aberrations that would lead me to believe that speakers and amps were incompatible.

And boy oh boy, was this ever a deliciously lush, enveloping combination. The diminutive Song Audios continually surprise me with their ability to drive a wide range of speakers, but they outdid themselves with the Rienzis. Via the Songs, the Rienzis’ clear, expressive midrange took on an even more see-through character that completely lacked any feeling of overt tube richness, while at the same time gaining an entirely natural warmth. And while I fully expected the Rienzi’s bass to take a serious hit in terms of control and extension with the Songs, it just didn’t happen. Sure, there was a slight softening and a reduction in impact, but it wasn’t that extreme; I was quite content to accept it, given the stunning gains in transparency and plain old human warmth that the triodes brought to the party. If you’re thinking about making the jump to a 300B-based system, in my opinion you’d be crazy if you didn’t explore the obvious synergy of this combination of speaker and amplifier.

http://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/verity_rienzi.htm

I tried 300B and 845's with my Verity Parsifal Encores and despite believing more power might be needed they worked very well. However, I think higher watts are really what is needed to drive them well. I love my Verity's!

I tried 300B and 845's with my Verity Parsifal Encores and despite believing more power might be needed they worked very well. However' date=' I think higher watts are really what is needed to drive them well. I love my Verity's![/quote']

Hi your Veritys were 89db. My Leonores were 93db and work best with 30 - 100w valves. Not sure if Rienzi is more like the older model or the newer model

been a year now since I posted . recently had a modwright 9.0 swl anniversary fronting the msb , lovely creamy sound with very sweet cymbals and bells . however playing the grandinote proemio pre amp is quite a different beast . you might just think you have a pair of wilsons watt puppys in front of you with this beastie on tap . playing the farm

the bass and precision is extremely good . the verity are a very versatile speaker , they can do delicacy but they can really do rock too . will keep you posted. they certainly have been a real good buy after losing the summit x

watched quite a few youtube vids tonight on various models . interesting to see many have their woofers firing backwards . would be interested in any owners views on the merits of using their woofers forwards or backwards .

these are the sarastro and they look rather good and sound great . not cheap tho !!

lovely bit of albinoni on these parsifal !

from the los angeles hi fi show

verity showing  -  the Sarastro IIS and was officially introducing the new Verity Audio Monsalvat Pre-2 digital preamplifier et Monsalvat Amp-60 power amplifier.

57 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

from the los angeles hi fi show

verity showing  -  the Sarastro IIS and was officially introducing the new Verity Audio Monsalvat Pre-2 digital preamplifier et Monsalvat Amp-60 power amplifier.

Speakers look like they are set too far back against the rear wall. Flight cases instead of an equipment rack. Would have liked to listen in person to see if any impact on the sound.

the latest video of the lohengrin at rmaf , beautiful

pleased to hear the guys from Elite have taken on verity audio . These are never heard at UK hi fi shows and hopefully more will hear these marvellous speakers .....

The lakme looks interesting