Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

Scalford 2016 - any last minute repairs/mods/fettling/panic ????

A month to go and one of the channels on the TT goes down.

:sick:

After compulsory panicking and hitting components, its b.r.e.a.t.h.e. and swop cables/valves about to identify the fault.

Its an SUT.

So its off to see that nice Mr Willis (Tom) @ Art Audio this afternoon.

While I'm at it, he's going to repair the on/off switch on the AA Concerto power amp thats been stuck, ON, for the last 2 years.

Hope he hasnt got anything tasty/tempting in that shed of his.

You guys got anything a bit bowel loosening going on?

Pls stick to hifi related topics lads.

I'm selling all mine and buying a NOS Sony Walkman WM-22:^.

On a more serious note, I'm sick to death of bloody cartridge tags failing off, so I have bought some nice new ones with nice heat shrink wrap stuff and I'm going to threaten to fit them and some point in the near future if I can summon up the will power.....

Or just fit another arm with a removable head shell!

I'm selling all mine and buying a NOS Sony Walkman WM-22:^.

You're getting on a bit mate, so how about something that will store your vinyl, play records, theres an AM radio and it has one of them record stacking gubbins so you dont have to keep getting up out of your wing back chair.

And its a fine peice of retro interior design..

PRODPIC-14303.jpg

I originally said I was going to bring a Revox B77 reel to reel and record some stuff (mostly vinyl) on tape, but imminent new turntable change means it might be easier to bring that instead. Problem is I haven't got it yet or the arm and I've already sold bits off my existing TT so can't use that to record anything and the weekends before Scalford are ebbing away. So TT has to get sorted :nerves:

I decided to change the Dac in my system. Which involves a new pc, and about 20lb of new cables, with luck it will all work.

I'm half way through building another amplifier and I need to add a volume pot to my valve amp.

You're getting on a bit mate, so how about something that will store your vinyl, play records, theres an AM radio and it has one of them record stacking gubbins so you dont have to keep getting up out of your wing back chair.

And its a fine peice of retro interior design..

PRODPIC-14303.jpg

Sonic quality apart, I can understand why these things were so popular, as they are very practical. All in one box, no untidy cables and a nice piece of furniture when not in use.

Looking through my HiFi Yearbooks, the 1970s had lots of very nice cabinets, with cutouts for Quad or Leak units especially, cutouts for Thorens or Garrard turntables and Revox or Ferrograph tape machines. Then somebody had the bright idea that special supports were needed, :doh: and it all went to open racks.

I reckon that a lot of the trouble many of us have with SWMBO is that our stuff is all open, cables visible, loudspeaker stands that look like Oil Derricks whereas we could probably do what we liked with kit if it was all held inside a nice sideboard.

S.

I landed a sub on ebay...if I can fit it in the car with all the other c**p it's coming too.

The almost negative WAF it has dovetails beautifully with the aesthetic of the rest of my kit, plus it sounds rather good...

I reckon that a lot of the trouble many of us have with SWMBO is that our stuff is all open, cables visible, loudspeaker stands that look like Oil Derricks whereas we could probably do what we liked with kit if it was all held inside a nice sideboard.

S.

Not all of us. I get away with a great deal but radiograms are strictly BANNED in my house! :x

To be fair, this is probably a good thing...

Super Wammer

My AX 4 has decided to suddenly lose the L channel from time to time. I'm hoping its interconnect related, but am flat out of action with back pain ATM... Lying here thinking of all the nasty possibilities and unable to do anything about it......:sick:

Not all of us. I get away with a great deal but radiograms are strictly BANNED in my house! :x

To be fair, this is probably a good thing...

It's not the radiogram, but it's having a nice cabinet that looks like a proper piece of furniture. The cabinets made by Hampstead High Fidelity or Holder Pearce to house Garrard/Thorens/Quad/Leak kit weren't radiograms but were very attractive pieces of furniture.

S.

Mains switch on power amp replaced By Tom, so got some music back.

Faulty SUT will be about a week.

Better it happened now!

Mains switch on power amp replaced By Tom, so got some music back.

Faulty SUT will be about a week.

Better it happened now!

Absolutely, I remember the sinking feeling on the Saturday night before my first show noticing one of the valves in the Oto glowing blue.......

Looking forward to seeing your glitter ball. ;-)

Looking forward to seeing your glitter ball. ;-)

Oh Steve, you're such a tease!