munch

Anyone Juicing ?

Thought i would give it ago after being nagged by my daughter for months.

My son picked me up a black Philips HR1855 Viva at half price £50 from Sainsbury's last week.

Enjoying it.

No. I rely on my stomach enzymes and small intenstine to extract all the goodness I ever needed from all the fruit and veg I throw down my neck.

It's called "eating normally"... Requires no trendy device, free at the point of use and very easy to use.

:-)

Actually these retreats might be a money spinner..... fuse retreat in Hertfordshire anyone?

Actually we have a fancy juicer, used it for week, got bored with the faff, it went in the cupboard with the bread maker etc...did get it out to make some fresh juice for cocktails a while ago, but the reality is I prefer my cocktails unadulterated by fruit juice (apart from the citrus).

Given we eat a shed load of veg, and a small amount of fruit (to keep the sugars down), a pointless waste of money in the end.

As it happens I bought a Panasonic bread maker last April.

It has been used every week since it arrived.

I should of bought one years ago.

Thought i would give it ago after being nagged by my daughter for months.

My son picked me up a black Philips HR1855 Viva at half price £50 from Sainsbury's last week.

Enjoying it.

I do. I'm a vegetarian and like the change from solid food one or two days a week. It's a good way to get all those lovely nutrients without the bulk of fibre that goes with it. I keep some of the pulp for cooking though....

If you want some help with it can I suggest you look at Jason Vale's Super Juice Me app. It takes a lot of the hassle out of looking for recipes and has a clever shopping list generator. It's not cheap at a tenner but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Good luck with it!

Foo food alert-juicing is also a handy way of ingesting higher amounts of so called super foods-fresh turmeric (prepare for a yellow-out) chlorella, spirulina, wheat grass, latest fad/flavour of the month, etc.

Fresh beetroot* for instance help exercise, as practised by Team Sky pro cycling IIRC

http://sshs.exeter.ac.uk/news/research/title_37371_en.html

You'd have to eat a bunch of beet to get the same result as a shot of the juice. Just having the juice (and not the insoluble fibre) leaves more room for eating muscle building protein.

This is my kind juicer

adlon_1348_c.jpg

For making that delicious dish duck a la presse - put he carcass of a partially roasted duck in, squeeze and out comes all the remaining juice and blood and stuff, to make the perfect sauce for the lovely rare roast duck

tour-d

Yum....... redder than beetroot juice and far far tastier

Actually a bit of ginger juice will really pep up a dark and stormy, but you don't need a machine for that.

No. I rely on my stomach enzymes and small intenstine to extract all the goodness I ever needed from all the fruit and veg I throw down my neck.

It's called "eating normally"... Requires no trendy device, free at the point of use and very easy to use.

:-)

This. Sooo much this ^^^^^

I do. I'm a vegetarian and like the change from solid food one or two days a week. It's a good way to get all those lovely nutrients without the bulk of fibre that goes with it. I keep some of the pulp for cooking though....

If you want some help with it can I suggest you look at Jason Vale's Super Juice Me app. It takes a lot of the hassle out of looking for recipes and has a clever shopping list generator. It's not cheap at a tenner but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Good luck with it!

I have seen him on TV.

A X fat bloke that lost loads of weight by drinking nothing but juice for months on end.

He must shit through the eye of a needle?

Not my cup of Earl Grey.

I just bought it for a bit of fun to get 10 a day and make some nice veg and fruit drinks.

Also very handy for soups and sources.