Brigadoon

Nooby Guide / FAQ

Super Wammer
Okay for those who have so nicely hijacked this thread,:clout: I have requested that Scalfod be added to the Events Calendar.......

. Please check here LINKY - click on "Events & Activities to make sure it has been done.

I have another real question:

What sort of things do punters (nude or clothed) ask & want to discuss. Do I need to bring an anorak? :)

Why are you using / not using cable lifters.

What loudspeaker cables / interconnects are those.

Why are you such a pita on the forum.

Are all questions I've not been asked....well possibly the last one.

S

Super Wammer

What fuse are you using?

Can I touch your stylus?

How much did you drink last night?

Have you got any music other than plinky plonky jazz?

Are you a naturist?

Why is you system sounding <insert phrase>?

Most say nowt.

Last year, my room share partner, Matt fatmarley (no, not :shaggers::nup:) had his own design and build of speakers on dem. These were excellent, so quite a few DIYers / techies made a bee-line for Matt for the techie geek stuff. :geek:

Quite a few ask what music is playing so they can obtain / avoid as per their tastes.

Some ask mildly techie or subjective questions about the kit on dem.

Some ask for advice about their own systems.

Some even want to chat about the music. :shock:

Super Wammer

In the spirit of PPPPPPP, I've had a go at answering some of these questions.....are these the type of answers punters will be satisfied with?

What fuse are you using? 9 inch long blow

Can I touch your stylus? See answer to next question

How much did you drink last night? Erm....."hic"

Have you got any music other than plinky plonky jazz? I've got The Carpenters.....

Are you a naturist? See answer to third question..

Why is you system sounding <shite/lovely>? Don't slam the door on the way out / can I buy you a pint?

Most people, when they visit my room, say that they've come to collect their pie and chutney.

They rarely ask about the system, probably because they've been rendered speechless :P

Most people, when they visit my room, say that they've come to collect their pie and chutney.

They rarely ask about the system, probably because they've got a pie in their mouth at that point :P

Ftfy.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

They rarely ask about the system, probably because they've been rendered speechless :P

archiemain_778906a.jpg

like this?

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

A very nice way to recover from the hangover.

S

Fixt.

Super Wammer

Normally I'm only really asked one question with a follow up and given 1 comment,

Question is often... Is the sub on ? followed by... Really? (this normally involves me waving an unplugged mains cable around)

And the comment is usually... They sound quite nice for Focal's

Admittedly this only covers the people who stay in the room, as some people will walk in see that they're Focals and walk back out again (it could be the music but they can hear that before they see the system!).

Making sure your stocked with food and drink as it can be hard to get time out the room during the show... oh and make sure you've got an extension block as you have no idea where the plug sockets are.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ever sat down and said words to the effect of, 'This system is really amazing, it sounds beautiful... do you mind if I touch myself while listening to it?'

A couple of years ago, a well lubricated visitor appeared to be attempting to mount one of the speakers in Testure/MIB room... they were remarkably restrained :shock:

Has anyone ever sat down and said words to the effect of, 'This system is really amazing, it sounds beautiful... do you mind if I touch myself while listening to it?'

I'm seriously beginning to worry about you, Josh. :?

Super Mod

What knocks em bandy Jim, is your choice of TT stand

No. :nup:

Super Mod
Normally I'm only really asked one question with a follow up and given 1 comment,

Question is often... Is the sub on ? followed by... Really? (this normally involves me waving an unplugged mains cable around)

And the comment is usually... They sound quite nice for Focal's

Admittedly this only covers the people who stay in the room, as some people will walk in see that they're Focals and walk back out again (it could be the music but they can hear that before they see the system!).

Making sure your stocked with food and drink as it can be hard to get time out the room during the show... oh and make sure you've got an extension block as you have no idea where the plug sockets are.

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of years ago, a well lubricated visitor appeared to be attempting to mount one of the speakers in Testure/MIB room... they were remarkably restrained :shock:

Well I was on the verge of loosing it, but luckily Mibby made some comments and he left in a hissy fit. Anyway I'm the only Mistress who is allowed to caresss them :P

Hopefully this year people can enjoy them without an urge to have a pint dangling over them :off: