Brigadoon

Nooby Guide / FAQ

Super Wammer

Rather than lots of individual threads with Noobs like myself asking questions, I thought I'd create a place where we can collect all the Q & As in one place and save duplication of questions.

I'll kick off with:

What do typical exhibitors do for the day? Do you have a set 'presentation' which is repeated at specific times? Or do you just play lots of music and discuss / answer questions as punters come and go?

just play lots of music and discuss / answer questions as punters come and go :^

-- many visitors have their own dem CDs they'd like played. I keep a pen and paper handy for jotting down details of the good'uns that are new to me. There's always quite a few. :)

Super Wammer

Visitors are constantly coming in and going out, so any attempt at a 'formal' demo is doomed to failure. Mostly, we just play tunes, and between, may say a few words about the kit, if anybody asks.

It's very common for visitors to bring a CD or LP or two, so there's plenty of variety, from Bach to Austrian Death Machine in my case.

I did a demo of quadrophonics last year, and played DSOTM over and over again, as had few other quad LPs of interest....surprising how few people were into Andy Williams and Barbara Streisand even in surround.

Again, a few exhibitors will be showing something specific, like a big horn system, or a reel-to-reel tape, but most of us just bring what we're using at home and play a few tunes.

A very nice way to pass a day.

S

just play lots of music and discuss / answer questions as punters come and go :^

-- many visitors have their own dem CDs they'd like played. I keep a pen and paper handy for jotting down details of the good'uns that are new to me. There's always quite a few. :)

Yep, Jerry's nailed it.

For my part I figure that the visitors want to hear the system and I for one want to hear their music, I've discovered many gems that way.

Sometimes you have to push the punters to volunteer up a disc though.

On those occasions I invite them to look through what I've brought to choose.

Or threaten them that I'll pick something, mwahaha........ :rockin:

One difficulty if you are a sole exhibitor in the room is simply getting out for something to eat or to the toilet.

You will find the beds in the bathroom as that's the only place they can go.

One technique on the food side is to order one (or two, or three) of the excellent pork pies and have a bottle of water for through the day.

Toilet wise, other wammers are receptive to baby sitting the room for a short while if you ask.

Maybe put a request on the thread here......

Importantly though, go with the flow and enjoy it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

V...surprising how few people were into Andy Williams and Barbara Streisand even in surround.

S

What sort of wally gave you a Barbara Streisand record. :rofl:

Oh hang on...... :oops:

Good thread.

I've got one:

As proud members of our local nudist club, would me and the missus be able to take advantage of the liberal attitudes of the 'Wam and walk around as nature intended there? If so, I trust there wouldn't be any trouble with rooms with electrostatic systems?

Good thread.

I've got one:

As proud members of our local nudist club, would me and the missus be able to take advantage of the liberal attitudes of the 'Wam and walk around as nature intended there? If so, I trust there wouldn't be any trouble with rooms with electrostatic systems?

:?

Photos required before permission may be granted

Super Wammer
Good thread.

I've got one:

This thread is titled "Nooby" questions, not "Noody" questions......:doh:

...or "Booby" questions....

:bouncey:

But before we can provide a definitive answer to your questions, pictures will be required. :D

You both want to see me naked?

The thought of this catching on among the vast majority of wammers is truly terrifying.:sick:

Myself included!

Good thread.

I've got one:

I think you'll be alright near to electrostatics...

Just so long as you aren't widdly dribbly if you turn round to quickly...

You both want to see me naked?

No thank you, there will be enough horns there already. :)

Ok :(

Save that sort of thing for a bake off....... :nuts:

At least you had the decency to ask first. There is nothing more forward than a proud nudist.

And thanks for helping me make my mind up about coming to Scalford this year.

Super Wammer

Okay for those who have so nicely hijacked this thread,:clout: I have requested that Scalfod be added to the Events Calendar.......

. Please check here LINKY - click on "Events & Activities to make sure it has been done.

I have another real question:

What sort of things do punters (nude or clothed) ask & want to discuss. Do I need to bring an anorak? :)