Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

josh

Fastest route from London - M1 or A1?

Hi all,

I'm very excited to be finally going to this. My second-ever hifi show.

Does anyone know whether coming from London, the M1 and then A46/4607 to Melton is better or worse than the A1 to Grantham and then A607? Or perhaps turning off the A1 at South Witham and cutting across B roads?

Thanks,

Super Wammer

as someone who spends a lot of time on the M1 I would disagree

assuming that you are a Sunday visitor not an exhibitor then you are heading for the park & ride

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/London,+UK/Melton+Mowbray/@52.1312066,-1.6202137,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x47d8a00baf21de75:0x52963a5addd52a99!2m2!1d-0.1277583!2d51.5073509!1m5!1m1!1s0x48777d88848615db:0x30e3dc75f1aeda9a!2m2!1d-0.887126!2d52.766404!3e0?hl=en

just change start to your home address, but from central London there is nothing in it timewise on a quiet Sunday but A1 is shorter

Thanks. Yes I'm heading to the park and ride. I'm based right near both the M1 and A1 in London so either is easy. Doesn't look like there's much in it though. Does any route have less speed cameras / average speed sections than the other?

As a full time rep who covers the whole UK I would go A1 much quicker....avoiding speed regulated M1 and trying to get across from M1 either around Leicester or Northampton is problematic

Super Wammer
As a full time rep who covers the whole UK I would go A1 much quicker....avoiding speed regulated M1 and trying to get across from M1 either around Leicester or Northampton is problematic

I agree :^

Straight up the A1 past Peterborough and Stamford and take the A606 filter off the A1 through Oakham and onto Melton Mowbray, done this route hundreds of time and its the least problematic and probably quickest. Just 2 roads - A1 and A606.

Hi all,

I'm very excited to be finally going to this. My second-ever hifi show.

Does anyone know whether coming from London, the M1 and then A46/4607 to Melton is better or worse than the A1 to Grantham and then A607? Or perhaps turning off the A1 at South Witham and cutting across B roads?

Thanks,

Josh, the show is not until the 20th of March.:)

If the question is "x or the M1" the answer is always "x" :-)

Tim

I fully agree but could you please show your working....

From someone who pretty much lives on the A1 and very close to the M1, I'd always go A1, A606

Super Wammer

what we need is freefallrob on this thread, sure he could provide a full on rant about the joys of the M1 :D