steelhull

Scalford Music for Non Exhibitors

There is only one possible tune for the job: Mollusc in Tyrol by The Fall. As this will never be agreed to, I suggest we all play our own choices and have a laugh while doing so.

This (or any Fall track off 'Live at the Witch Trials' will do. Take your hifi muzak and...

Last year was my first as an exhibitor. The best thing about Sunday was the people bringing their own tunes, playing them on systems totally unfamiliar, and it also broadened my musical horizons (cost me a fortune :doh:)

If anything was clear, it's that the majority of visitors wanted to listen to classics and not the so called hifi dross and whiney bitches. Scalford is not a selling or marketing event, so the music can be whatever you like.

The number of show reviews you read where the vast majority of visitors comment on the music material on offer should serve as a warning not to do that to Scalford.:nup:

Last year was my first as an exhibitor. The best thing about Sunday was the people bringing their own tunes, playing them on systems totally unfamiliar, and it also broadened my musical horizons (cost me a fortune :doh:)

If anything was clear, it's that the majority of visitors wanted to listen to classics and not the so called hifi dross and whiney bitches. Scalford is not a selling or marketing event, so the music can be whatever you like.

The number of show reviews you read where the vast majority of visitors comment on the music material on offer should serve as a warning not to do that to Scalford.:nup:

Damn!! Looks like I need to buy a load of suitable CDs prior to Scalford. :whistle:

Every year, just about, I suggest that the Show names a reference recording that everybody knows and owns and is freely available on all 3 formats (Streaming, or whatever you want to call it, CD and vinyl) that either the demonstrator brings along or a visitor brings along so that we can get a comparitive handle on how good all these systems are. Eg., The Chain (F. Mac), Walk On The Wild Side, Warm Leatherette etc.,..

Jack NSM

Dreadful idea,

if you are an exhibitor the average show goer will spend five minutes or less in your room, if they all want to hear the reference track you will play nothing else all day.

So the same track from every room all day? No thanks :doh:

if you want a reference track then bring your own and take it round the rooms, at least every exhibitor will only have to listen to it once

Dreadful idea,

if you want a reference track then bring your own and take it round the rooms, at least every exhibitor will only have to listen to it once

THIS

Done it meself.

Very surprising/revealing & even shocking!

I was happy with what you played in my room last year... your more then welcome to bring more this year :stereo:

I might even be allowed to turn it up this time :whistle:

of course sorry Harv, will you be switching on the sub woofers? If you want some interesting bass lines, then some of the stuff from African Head Charge https://onusound.bleepstores.com/artist/45558-african-head-charge

Will your system do MP3's on a USB stick? or was it CD only?

- - - Updated - - -

Please no :doh:

Save this comparative nonsense for commercial shows. Just enjoy the systems and the music.

^^^ this...........

of course sorry Harv, will you be switching on the sub woofers? If you want some interesting bass lines, then some of the stuff from African Head Charge https://onusound.bleepstores.com/artist/45558-african-head-charge

Will your system do MP3's on a USB stick? or was it CD only?

Well I'll be bringing at least one to keep with tradition... dunno if it will actually get used though, tends to be a conversation starter as much as anything. Not sure how big (or if the room will rattle) so will see on the day :)

CD only though...

Good idea, I'd like to bring a USB stick to see how some of my music sounds on other systems.

Come on, don't expect miracles, it's digital lol.

if you want a reference track then bring your own and take it round the rooms

Yep.

One person's reference track is someones else's nightmare come true.

And anyway, we all want different things from our systems so one standard reference track won't cut it.

People usually know where I am from the whiney voice (according to Mrs Jandl) of Loreena McKennitt issuing from the room. :D

I'm happy to play other people's tunes. I didn't get a visit from the Klangers CD last year.

Don't panic! If you want a reminder of your childhood there is always this year:whistle:

Don't panic! If you want a reminder of your childhood there is always this year:whistle:

I didn't bring a CDP though.....

Planning to have a Bowie hour between 3-4pm

Not the usual Bowie suspects I hope.

Whatchathinkin?

I heard he was going to dress up as Ziggy Stardust. :^

Corncerned the corridors might struggle in the outfit i got

Striped_bodysuit_for_Aladdin_Sane_tour_1973_Design_by_Kansai_Yamamoto_Photograph_by_Masayoshi_Sukita__Sukita_The_David_Bowie_Archive_2012.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Not the usual Bowie suspects I hope.

Whatchathinkin?

Only have a few of his albums,Hunky - Ziggy - Live at the beeb - Scary monsters - Reality and Blackstar.

Trying to get hold of aladdin sane