steelhull

Scalford Music for Non Exhibitors

We've always brought our music with us, usually half a dozen CDs and sometimes some vinyl. Once heard though most exhibitors apart from Mr Shipbroker (who I might add has extremely good taste in music) don't want us to come back.

I would be happy to let a few Wammers take over the room and it might put a different slant on how Salford works.

Mike

Not trecking all the way to the outskirts of Manchester, just for a bleedin hifi show.

128 Gbps, where did you get kit that can do that? I suppose you must be about able to get one song on a 2TB disk! Awesome commitment there.

You do realise that Rocky has no chance of understanding that post?

whoosh_by_medli20-d520mia.gif

We've always brought our music with us, usually half a dozen CDs and sometimes some vinyl. Once heard though most exhibitors apart from Mr Shipbroker (who I might add has extremely good taste in music) don't want us to come back.

I was happy with what you played in my room last year... your more then welcome to bring more this year :stereo:

I might even be allowed to turn it up this time :whistle:

I'm happy to play other people's tunes. I didn't get a visit from the Klangers CD last year. I did get some bleep techno and a Deep Purple LP that led to an interesting discussion on the definition of the word 'raucous' won comprehensively by the John Peel Session version of Quad by The Heads:rockin:

Good luck, but I wouldn't rely on it so bring plenty of your own.

My experience

Q Has any one brought any of their own music they would like to hear?

A (Blank Looks)

Q OK, Are there any suggestions of either artist or if I haven't got that perhaps genre that you might prefer?

A (Blank looks)

OK I will play what I like then.

.... continues ...

[LEAVES] muttering "why does nobody play real music"

Tim

Every year, just about, I suggest that the Show names a reference recording that everybody knows and owns and is freely available on all 3 formats (Streaming, or whatever you want to call it, CD and vinyl) that either the demonstrator brings along or a visitor brings along so that we can get a comparitive handle on how good all these systems are. Eg., The Chain (F. Mac), Walk On The Wild Side, Warm Leatherette etc.,..

Jack NSM

Super Wammer

What an excellent idea! A great way of getting a true comparison of the various systems. Preferably one that tests the system out in all areas - bass, top end, MIDs, dynamics and imaging. Can't see everyone agreeing to the same one track though, although I may be wrong.

Every year, just about, I suggest that the Show names a reference recording that everybody knows and owns and is freely available on all 3 formats (Streaming, or whatever you want to call it, CD and vinyl) that either the demonstrator brings along or a visitor brings along so that we can get a comparitive handle on how good all these systems are. Eg., The Chain (F. Mac), Walk On The Wild Side, Warm Leatherette etc.,..

Jack NSM

Jack NSM

Please no :doh:

Save this comparative nonsense for commercial shows. Just enjoy the systems and the music.

• Upvote 1

Yes but do you have etchings...? :P

Only a hand bound (lizard leather) first edition of Jeubert's '1000 positions for the aspiring mistress', dated 1809...any good?) :)

Please no :doh:

Save this comparative nonsense for commercial shows. Just enjoy the systems and the music.

This. Part of the joy of Scalford is listening to the music people like on the systems they have put together for that music. Besides, I don't own any of those supposed standard recordings.

Jack NSM

At first I thought what a great idea....then I thought there's probably a special circle of hell where you're at a hi fi show....showing your gear...and people turn up wanting to play the same track.

Till the end of time.....

There is only one possible tune for the job: Mollusc in Tyrol by The Fall. As this will never be agreed to, I suggest we all play our own choices and have a laugh while doing so.