steelhull

Scalford Music for Non Exhibitors

Super Wammer

Opportunity to Play Tunes even if you are not bringing your Kit

I am taking some Deviate Phantoms (Silver), a turntable, CD player and Computer. running Audirvana+ and JRiver. As an alternative to asking for help running the room I wondered if some of you would like to bring your music along and use my kit. I would be happy to let a few Wammers take over the room and it might put a different slant on how Salford works. It doesn't matter what your preferred music is, I don't have to like it anymore than you like or dislike my choices.

If you are interested PM me. I have checked this out with Anthony who is quite keen.

Mike

Hello. I have a collection of rare mono brass band pressings and some very high quality recordings of Finnish death metal bands which I made all by myself on my telephone 3 years ago (128Gbs!).

I would like to book your room for three hours please. If there are breaks, I also have 'Perry Como sings Elvis' which some may find enjoyable.

:)

• Upvote 1

Good luck, but I wouldn't rely on it so bring plenty of your own.

My experience

Q Has any one brought any of their own music they would like to hear?

A (Blank Looks)

Q OK, Are there any suggestions of either artist or if I haven't got that perhaps genre that you might prefer?

A (Blank looks)

OK I will play what I like then.

There are exceptions to that of course, and I hope it goes well, personally I wouldn't let any visitor anywhere near my cartridge!

Super Wammer

Yes, it probably is a daft idea, that is why I started early so that I have time for Plan B.

As to rockmeister, he is clearly older than me. Sarcasm of that quality went out in the 1960's.

Mike

Hello. I have a collection of rare mono brass band pressings and some very high quality recordings of Finnish death metal bands which I made all by myself on my telephone 3 years ago (128Gbs!).

I would like to book your room for three hours please. If there are breaks, I also have 'Perry Como sings Elvis' which some may find enjoyable.

Oooh me me , book me a seat :upgrade:

Yes, it probably is a daft idea, that is why I started early so that I have time for Plan B.

As to rockmeister, he is clearly older than me. Sarcasm of that quality went out in the 1960's.

Mike

How could you!

I DO have brass band recordings an all :)

How could you!

Yeah well drop 'em off in a Loch on the way down

Anyone want to hear Warm Leatherette by The Normal?

How could you!

Yes but do you have etchings...? :P

I assumed it would be CD player or tt only. I take it that a hard drive would also require a laptop and a USB DAC?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Super Wammer

128 Gbps, where did you get kit that can do that? I suppose you must be about able to get one song on a 2TB disk! Awesome commitment there.

Most people don't bring their own music, I don't know why? I got to play most of an album on several different systems.

I can't make it this year as its the first weekend of Easter Hols.

Good idea though to encourage others to take some of their own music. :)

I always carry a CD and a LP around with me , all exhibitors in my experience welcome guests to play something.