The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

crimsondonkey

The Wigwam Show Raffle 2016

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Camverton again'

Steady on young fella - people will start talking ;-)

• Upvote 1

Just a quick post to let everyone know the estimated total money raised by generous Wammers this year for Mind.

Raffle tickets raised c £1450

Jims pies raised £175

Badges brought in £90

Show guides raised £390

Donations via Justgiving £800

So all told about £2905 before doing a final check, which is gobsmacking and a fantastic result that Wammers should be proud of:^

I would like to say a very special thanks to everyone who contributed - those who donated really terrific prizes, the ticket sellers, the guys on the front desk who sold guides etc, Jim for the pies and Mick for the badges. A special thanks to our friends at Guildford Audio for chipping in again with a fabulous star prize.

Thank you :notworthy:

Awesome result Wayne.

Truly humbling.

As John Peel once remarked, "scuse me a minute, I've got something in my eye"

:notworthy:

103 The Eye plays out a 3 minute Local Events package every hour.

The one plugging the Scalford Show, with the emphasis on Mind, started last Wednesday through till Sunday night.

Scalford will be getting a special mention on Tuesdays show, especially the amount raised.

Oh need to mention and emphasise a couple of things.

How truly awesome and thoughtful were both Graham and Richard who were the first two names out the hat? They both chose to pass on taking the star prize and so leaving some-one else the opportunity to win and enjoy that fantastic Inspire Enigma turntable. That I think you'll find is the spirit of the Wam Raffle :hug:

You both deserve this :notworthy:

I also need too mention that it was fitting and kind of nice that the winner of said turntable - Peter, was one of the lovely group of guys who travelled from Germany to exhibit at the show, and it was his birthday too yesterday so he went home with a nice gift from the Wam (courtesy of Guildford Audio) :testy1:

Saying that he did need some convincing, so taken was he with the refurbished TT that Lenco Heaven kindly contributed! He was dutifully talked round :)

all good stuff and proud to have been involved great work i look forward to next year and untill then my door is always open and the kettle on standby..

• Upvote 1

To everyone that worked so hard on this, you are amazing. Wayne especially, bloody awesome effort, you deserve an OBE mate. Brilliant stuff.

To everyone that worked so hard on this, you are amazing. Wayne especially, bloody awesome effort, you deserve an OBE mate. Brilliant stuff.

OBE= Other Buggers Effort isn't it? This would be most apt as lots of Wammers really pulled it out (stop sniggering at the back) and made it happen.

Respec' due to all. If you buy a ticket something nice happens as a result.

• Upvote 1

Fantastic effort Wayne, and a fitting end to another brilliant Scalford weekend.:^

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Well done Wayne, you were an absolute star amongst many others. Have a Many Buggers Effort anyway.

'You must spread some rep around before pinning the tail on the Donkey again'

I'm absolutely delighted about the amount raised - all for a truly worthy cause.

Yay, brilliant.

So between the Mind and Cancer Research UK charity schemes, a total of over £4,600 was raised.

Wammers are awesome. :^

spectacular wamming Jerry, Wayne and to all who donated and contributed to all the fundraising - lots going on behind the scenes on the day and well before.:notworthy:

25357719123_967ee54410_c.jpg

Wayne by Baz, on Flickr

Amazing guys, well done to everyone concerned:^.

Now if only that ticket had been blue......:oops:

I won the book on the Redcar Jazz Club - thank you to whoever donated it. I did wonder what I'd won when I picked it up. But I had a good look through it when I got home yesterday and its a great read, full of really interesting and excellent photographs......

I won the book on the Redcar Jazz Club - thank you to whoever donated it. I did wonder what I'd won when I picked it up. But I had a good look through it when I got home yesterday and its a great read, full of really interesting and excellent photographs......

Hi Simon,

MickyRicky donated that book. It is a good book.

SCIDB

Hi Simon,

MickyRicky donated that book. It is a good book.

SCIDB

+1:^