crimsondonkey

The Wigwam Show Raffle 2016

Lenco Heaven will be servicing a standard Golding Lenco 75 on the Saturday, and this will be donated to the raffle.

On Sunday the GL75 will be available in the Windsor room for playing duties, so that people can have the opportunity to hear the prize.

Wow, thank you :love:

The Wam has kindly allowed us to join the Pie show over the last few years, and we decided it was time to give something back.

There will also be a couple of Lenco's for sale on the day, proceeds to go to the supported charities.

Excellent - a great prize for the raffle! :^

^ Beautiful. :^

It looks like an amp stand to me. :P

Count me in for quite a few raffle tickets.

Lenco Heaven will be servicing a standard Golding Lenco 75 on the Saturday, and this will be donated to the raffle.

On Sunday the GL75 will be available in the Windsor room for playing duties, so that people can have the opportunity to hear the prize.

This is the deck we will be working on - by the raffle the motor & bearing will have been serviced, the mains cabling rewired, anti skate, headshell & cartidge. It should also look a lot cleaner!

IMG_1456_zpsqj6ikxcv.jpg

Finished, 55mm thick Oak end grain, London Plane Lacewood frame, Ash dowel, doused in mineral oil. Only requires wiping down when used, not for the dishwasher!

24712941613_a265127a78.jpgDSC_2296 by Bob Cusworth, on Flickr

24712938663_21363f1fd2.jpgDSC_2298 by Bob Cusworth, on Flickr

Fantastic, too good for chopping on :)

Brief note to give an update on the fundraising so far for Mind. There have been many generous donations to the raffle prize list, and a number of items sold and proceeds donated also.

The amount raised via the Wigwam's Justgiving page is currently £600 - thanks to a good number of members here who have kindly donated :love:

If you would like to contribute to this excellent cause please see the page here - https://www.justgiving.com/Wigwam-Hifi-Show

As someone who (mostly) mends hi-fi things rather than making or selling them I don't right now have a particularly attractive item that I can donate. So I'll contribute one of these, which might make listening to your existing kit just a bit more enjoyable :).

cilob.18yo.jpg

I realise that Islays aren't to everyone's taste, but then what is http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?86169-What-s-your-favourite-whisky ? This one isn't proper high-end stuff either, but it should be a cut above the average supermarket bottle. And if you think you don't like a bit of peat then it might even be good enough to change your mind ;-).

VB

• Upvote 2

As someone who (mostly) mends hi-fi things rather than making or selling them I don't right now have a particularly attractive item that I can donate. So I'll contribute one of these, which might make listening to your existing kit just a bit more enjoyable :).

cilob.18yo.jpg

I realise that Islays aren't to everyone's taste, but then what is http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?86169-What-s-your-favourite-whisky ? This one isn't proper high-end stuff either, but it should be a cut above the average supermarket bottle. And if you think you don't like a bit of peat then it might even be good enough to change your mind ;-).

VB

Brilliant prize and very generous Graeme so a big thank you :22:

Found this in the loft. Must be 1960s I would think. Very early Garrard auto tt! :cool: All seems to be working fine, volume pot is a bit crackly.

Make a great starter system for an interested teenager!

K1024_20160305_131723_zpshfuqsfdx.jpg

K1024_20160305_131826_zpsvbebfv0a.jpg

K1024_20160305_131838_zpsrr3e47ub.jpg