Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

MONO session at Scalford 2016?

Been toying with the idea of playing some classic vinyl albums in glorious Mono this year.

Thinking.... Otis, Blue. Beatles Revolver, and Dylans Blonde on Blonde.

Sunday morning session in one go, or one album on the hour @ 10am, 1pm and 3pm.

Thoughts?

I think it's a great idea, you should do it. Brings something different to the party that a lot of people won't have heard, including me.

OK thats a definite Mono session.

The Otis & Dylan are 1st pressings.

Revolver is the 1st press that Lennon had stopped as it was the wrong vocal mix on Tomorrow Never Knows.

1.First pressing, August 5, 1966. “Remix 11” mispressing. Side 2 matrix no.: XEX 606-1 have “Remix 11” of “Tomorrow Never Knows”.

When “Revolver” was initially mixed a different master for “Tomorrow Never Knows” was sent off to be pressed. This mix is known as ‘Remix 11’.

Although subtle, it is different to the standard ‘Remix 8’ which was ultimately to replace it.

The story goes that each group member was given the first copies from the production line and John went to listen to it.

But, it turned out that he was unhappy with the mix or that the wrong one had been used and he informed George Martin.

Production was then stopped as the new masters were cut and the pressing plates were replaced.

First presses have a side 2 matrix number of XEX 606-1 whereas the standard presses have XEX 606-2 and beyond.

I'll definitely pop in for that. I have Revolver too - just the standard pressing XEX 606 -2. I also have Rubber Soul, Rolling Stones 1 & 2 and John Mayall, the blues alone, in Mono. Couple of Buddy Holly too.

most om 60's albums and all my classic 40's and 50's albums are Mono...do you have a 'proper' mono cart and amp sorted? Sounds good tho...

No, just the stuff in my signature.

Super Wammer

I remember discussing this with you a couple of years ago over our Sunday night curry. Great idea and glad to see you are implementing it :^ Don't forget the smoking jacket, and little nipper

th?&id=OIP.M302e148e4d4e4d5f64f1b149ae7006fbo0&w=300&h=214&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Have Crystal Castles done anything in mono? :whistle:

Is there a room with access for bath chairs? :P

I remember discussing this with you a couple of years ago over our Sunday night curry. Great idea and glad to see you are implementing it :^ Don't forget the smoking jacket, and little nipper

th?&id=OIP.M302e148e4d4e4d5f64f1b149ae7006fbo0&w=300&h=214&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

I remember that natter about mono in The Apurba.

Just took a bit of time to come to fruition.

Have Crystal Castles done anything in mono? :whistle:

Only if you disconnect the left or right channel.

We'll play some mono on Sunday.

Buuuuuuut.....Saturday nite has to be serious dance/techno/aceeeeeed/disco/bOWIE/krautrock/grace jones/dub reggae/ serious shit.

Must see about that mirror ball, strobe and dry ice machine

:rockin:

Buuuuuuut.....Saturday nite has to be serious dance/techno/aceeeeeed/disco/bOWIE/krautrock/grace jones/dub reggae/ serious shit.

Must see about that mirror ball, strobe and dry ice machine

:rockin:

tZH1VBI.gif

We had a mono session at a bake-off at Clive's (Zim) house. A single Quad 57, mono amp, mono cart... Really very, very good. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Hmmmm mono - yes please. I can bring the Beatles White album mono reissue.

I'm going to be purist on this Mike.

Beatles albums up to Revolver were mixed in mono by the Beatles.

Engineers did the stereo mix.

By The White Album, the Beatles were mixing in stereo.

I've got White Album in mono & its diffrent here & there.

So if you can find mono tracks that are difrent to the stereo, we could play those.

looking forward to this steve. i can see it getting rather busy....hoping their will be saturday night session too