Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

crimsondonkey

Raising money for mental health charity MIND

Raising money for MIND at the Wigwam show

I've got agreement in principle from the show organisers to raise money for the mental health charity MIND - as you may know they provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They support 400,000 people nationally with practical support and advice, and over 10m people use their web based resources every year to access their resources and advice.

I am keen for the Scalford show to contribute to such an excellent cause, one which touches the lives of many of us and our loved ones at some point in our lives.

I hope you will bring plenty of loose change with you on the day. I will be hosting Syndicate room 24 with Bolts (who will bring better/ more grown up music than I've played in recent years).

I am in discussions about potentially running the raffle and donating the proceeds (I'm going to need contributions and some help on the day) and so please bring some folding money too to buy plenty of tickets.

If you would like to contribute to the prizes please pm me. I'll start another thread specifically about the raffle and I would really appreciate some help in both selling tickets and in running the raffle itself.

In%20aid%20of%20Mind%20logo_blue.jpg?1452859868522&1452859869492&1452859890733

Well done mate, sadly I dont have anything to contribute in terms of raffle prizes but happy to help sell raffle tickets on the day as I will also be exhibiting. Will also bring plenty of change to purchase tickets myself.

Good luck with it all.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Well, I've had no takers from exhibitors for my new-in-wrapper Lack table, so how about it goes into the raffle?

I've got a pair of WBT next-gen copper phono chassis connectors I can give.

When I had breakdown I never used the services of MIND. I never knew they existed at the time but their services have been used by many people I have met who have been similarly afflicted.

Stefan

Seems to be two threads on the same subject, maybe the mods could merge them.

I'll be available to help as required. I'll pm you on CU.

Super Wammer

I think this is a massively good cause. Can't donate a prize unfortunately ( already committed to support the Cancer Research bring & buy) , but I'm happy to support any other way.

I think this is a massively good cause. Can't donate a prize unfortunately ( already committed to support the Cancer Research bring & buy) , but I'm happy to support any other way.

A few thoughts on the 'competition' for donated items between the various charity raising events being planned for the Show, specifically Cancer Research UK and MIND, copied and slightly amended to bring it up to date from another Show thread from late last year .....

"You have to decide about the charity you want to support, but after that I think you need to think about where your donated item will reap the most benefit for the charity.

Will your £10 or £20 (say) worth of donation really bring an extra £10 or £20 of cash to the MIND charity raffle? I doubt it will make any difference at all, in fact.

Whereas the £10 or £20 from the item in the Bring & Buy sale will go straight into the Cancer Research UK charity's coffers.

But a £100+ item will probably not sell in the Bring & Buy but will make the raffle a lot more attractive and help to make the raffle a success.

Just my thoughts on the issue. :)"

I think both are great charities and I have actively supported both (as well as my ongoing volunteer work for Cancer Research, I helped set up the MIND charity shop in Monmouth prior to its opening some 18 months ago - 8 days hard work by both me and the missus!)

I think there needs to be some clarity here.

There is a difference between the main show raffle which has been held every year and for which tickets are sold at the door to visitors, and has in the past had a table in the main reception area with the draw being held there, and various charitable endeavors in individual exhibitors rooms normally consisting of the sale of CDs and LPs etc

Over the past few years the main forum drive for donated prizes has been to the main raffle, with Guildford Audio contributing a pair of Harbeth speakers last year, and BD Audio gave a new Turntable a few years ago,members have donated various items of kit, this event has always been the 'main forum raffle'.

Forum members such as Jerry and Loo last year have held smaller sales in their rooms but as far as I know there has only been one raffle for donated goods.

Super Wammer

In other words, as I understand it, THE WigWam Scalford Raffle is in support of MIND, and the Bring & Sell is in support of Cancer Research.

Any other charitable support will be by individual exhibitors, and as such, not part of the official Wam charity fundraising, which is not to mean they are any less worthy of ££ contributions, but they will operate as one-off individual endeavours.

So the question is would our donations be more effective in the raffle or the sale? Simply, some people may prefer to support one or the other charity, which wishes should be respected. If the donator has no preference, then I suggest it is up to the respective organisers to decide what goes where.

Glad to see you are keeping the raffle going this year Donkey, it's a great bit of fun at the show and the raffle always causes some welcome chaos in the foyer:) I'll sort out some stuff for you and bring it along, will drop you a pm soon.

Agree, the raffle is a chaotic marvel and one of the many highlights of the show!

Thanks for your offer of a contribution, really appreciated :^

Well done mate, sadly I dont have anything to contribute in terms of raffle prizes but happy to help sell raffle tickets on the day as I will also be exhibiting. Will also bring plenty of change to purchase tickets myself.

• Upvote 1