Sign in to follow this  
Brown Bottle

The The

Just been listening to Soul Mining in the car, picked it up with Infected for £3.99 each from HMV.Will have a proper listen tonight.I used to have all there stuff on tape but lost all my tapes a few years ago. What a great band, should have had more success.

Anyone else like em or not come to that?

Uncertain smile is a classic track. Matt Johnson was always a tadge political and that probably cost him some popularity.

Feckin brilliant band , Matt Johnson had some pulling power with quality musicians for his Lp's anawl , Joolz Holland , Zeke Manyika and Johnny Marr.

Made some excellent , but as Duvet said , Political Albums , I like Mind Bomb but Soulmining is a classic IMO.

Great lyricist.

chezi. This is the 51st state of the USA.

chezi61 wrote:

Feckin brilliant band , Matt Johnson had some pulling power with quality musicians for his Lp's anawl , Joolz Holland , Zeke Manyika and Johnny Marr.

Made some excellent , but as Duvet said , Political Albums , I like Mind Bomb but Soulmining is a classic IMO.

Great lyricist.

chezi. This is the 51st state of the USA.

" Infect me with your love" :rockin:

A mate of mine from school was a big The The fan, he also had a terrible stammer. Typical ha.

Do I win £5.00?

them and talk talk were 2 of my favourite groups from the 80's

At last Rudolph we agree . Talk Talk one of my fav bands of all time

Have to agree also Talk Talk ; The colour of spring sounds good as a test disc when deming new kit , also good chill out album.

Think I have 3 copies on vinyl coz couldn't resist for a pound , one of which has a sticker saying Manufacturers copy not for public sale , good ole Oxfam.:)

chezi.

Chezi have you got Spirit of Eden . I think its as good as Colour of Spring if not better. After that point Hollis starts losing the plot and eventually disappears up his arsehole but what great albums

Duvet wrote:

Chezi have you got Spirit of Eden . I think its as good as Colour of Spring if not better. After that point Hollis starts losing the plot and eventually disappears up his arsehole but what great albums

Yes I do have Spirit of Eden , infact I'll spin it next , Cheers Duvet.:^

chezi.