It Cost How Much!?!

JBL Lets R-O-C-K

I used to have a pair of these - fabulously loud and rocking - LX66's for a few years in the early to mid 90's:

LX66_0501-960x900.jpg

Guest MJ.

Monster speakers, a crackingly nice room and a couple of verrrry nice indeed TT's.

Welcome aboard Mika, you should fit in a treat :)

Super Dealer

We love JBL's , early next year we will be opening our retail showroom and will have at least one model of the studio monitors in stock and most likely the Array 800's or 1000's .We would love to have the bigger 1400's or a pair of the bigger units but as this is our first venture into bricks and motor retail we need to be careful what we spend .

The Uk distributor does have Everest on demo as part of a AV set up and they do sound mighty fine....

A new member of the club, I have some lovely restored 4311 and they sound fabulous. Not as big a sound as the 15" tannoy grfs, but still able to fill a big space from a relatively small enclosure. they are ideal for my rock and pop diet. The bass is quick and tuneful and the timing is a revelation. Yet they not fatiguing, they have that listen for hours quality that the tannoys have. Having heard stock 4311s the troels graveson crossover smoothes out the rough edges and removes the hf and midrange hash that can make the stock model sound a bit relentless.

I wanted to ask for any recommendations of amps that have proven to work well with 43xx models? My experience so far is they seem to like amps that can grip the bass and have some body and weight.

Thanks,

Graham

Have a pair of 4410s I brought back from the dead, also a pair of L40s. The 4410s are great speakers by any standards, dynamic, spatial and accurate, the L40s still very good but not in the same league IMHO - but still an informative and fun listen, definate keepers.

Very underrated, JBL.

The big JBL'S love power, so I am using a pair of Bel-Canto ref-1000 mono- blocks, with a Klyne sk-6l pre-amplifier, also my Krell ksa-50 works well with the JBL'S.

Ooh, those jbl speakers are making me feel randy. I have always lusted after a pair of l220 but have only ever seen them in an old copy of hifi world/ readers system the chap loved he's reggae.

On viewing the picture it seems they are very close together,your room may not be able to accommodate them whereas my room would be perfect;-)

Really nice job on the renovations:^

Love vintage JBLs and some of the new ones. Currently got 4312 & L112 and looking for another larger model :geek: Would really like some L220 or some of the big studio full range horn one

There's an informative thread on the L150a vs. L220 here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?36152-L150A-vs-L220

I was fortunate enough to source a pair of 4435s from a recording studio in London. What can I say... They are unlike anything I've heard before, I guess size matters and you just can't deceive the laws of physics. As a result, out went Shahinian Obelisks (I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with them) and I'm having a major redesign of the living room just to accommodate the big JBLs.

Improvements in scale, bass and mid-range were predictable enough, but I was surprised by how much more believable treble is. Also, no bass boom at all, even though my room isn't that large.

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg.html

Wow, that must sound pretty awesome...

+1 Just what I was thinking! :^