It Cost How Much!?!

JBL Lets R-O-C-K

I love seeing all these JBL systems with their high efficiency 15" drivers, they have a sound all of their own that is addictive. Large cones rule!

It seems we all have similar tastes in speakers I started with Tannoy's (Eaton's) and then had ROGERS Studio 1's .

Hi Moko, wow similar indeed, my other large standmount speakers have been Tannoy Chevenings (the predecessor of the Eaton) then Rogers Studio 1 . But perhaps it is no coincidence - although all three are different in their presentation, their old school richer tonality is not so dissimilar.

Graham.

Even stranger judging by your name we are both exactly the same age!!!!

Yes it's a type of sound I really love, I mostly listen to jazz these days but being around the rock/dance/reggae scenes in my youth I really appreciate good bass as a foundation of great sounding speakers....I notice with some speakers lots of fizz but no whump of the bass.

• Upvote 1

Well they like LS3/5as in the far East... ;-)

But I am delighted with my JBL L300s, they are wonderful speakers. The UK press, with their Linn/Naim fetish at the time, has indeed a lot to answer for

I'm afraid they know how to drive LS3/5A in the East. Just been in Tokyo and had an unexpected counter with them in a small, old shopping mall in Akiba - Tokyo Radio Department. The guy drove them with a simple Cayin EL84 push pull and fed with Wadia CDP. Played simple music, piano jazz, vocals etc. For nearfield listening (and I sat about 1.2 meters from them), a normal person wouldn't need more.

Us JBL fans are spookily similar I was in the Tokyo Radio Dept shop two weeks ago....isn't it the most amazing place love how the stall owners never need to look up the price of any of the thousands of components that they sell...

You often see the white coned JBL's in Jazz Kissaten shops (basically coffee shops that have amazing HiFi and record collections for customers to listen to) that was what started me off in my search for a pair of JBL's

Wow what a beautiful room and some most impressive JBL's

Yes agreed, some impressive hi-fi there and great room to relax and listen to some music.

Struggling to take a decent picture of my 4365s, but I too am a member of the Wam R-O-C-K-ers club. The missus has just bought a new phone - will see if she can do any better.

Track Bar near Ebisu Station has a better sound system:)

26 years ago I used to walk to work through Ebisu every morning. Past the big Sapporo brewery. 'Yebisu' was my tipple of choice at that time. Do they still brew it?

Jim.

Nice to see there are other JBL fans out there as well :) Small update as have now shelves installed behind the system..

just wow. :^:cool:

A vote here for the pauper's end of the range.

Our kitchen ghetto blaster packed up last year and the obvious way to go was a pair of Sonos 5s.

I had a think about it and ended up getting a pair of JBL 18s / 28s, the 18Sub has a pass through to the 28 full range.

Paired them with a Crown XTi 1000 and a cheap switch box. The whole setup stands in at £250 and sounds great.

Sources are the kitchen PC with Spotify and a 6Tb server and a £5 FM tuner from the charity shop.

I put the FM aerial up 40 years ago and barely expected it to work but good signal strength from Crystal Palace 90 miles away.

The subs were in Cash Converters and the 28s skilfully sniped on ebay.

Main system, based oh K2 9800, fully active, 15" JBL ME150H Bass, H9800 horn with 2452 compression driver with Truextent Beryllium diaphragm. Quad amps, XTA 224 speaker management/crossover.

26150066210_d0543074f3_c.jpg

AV room 12" JBL 2206 with Array SAM1 horns and 2435 Be Compression drivers.

26149985300_c1c97bc5b9_c.jpg