Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

HoopsOnToast

Bluray Player for Stereo

Super Wammer

I am looking at getting a Bluray player, and thinking that I could possibly replace my S9000ES with a decent Bluray player and save an extra box.

So thinking about a mid-high end Bluray player that is geared towards audio, this will be my main player for CD, DVD and Bluray.

Looking around, new there is the Pioneer LX-58, Cambridge Audio 752BD, Oppo 103, Denon 3313 etc.

The 725BD comes highly recomended and has external inputs to boot.

Tempted but some older stuff, like the Sony BPD-S5000ES as newer features like 4K, 3D are not needed, streaming Netflix/Amazon Prime would be nice but not essential.

Budget around £500 but its going to have to be good as I do love my S9000ES for CD!

I've got one its an excellent bit of kit also its been reduced by £300 as its been replaced . (I payed £899 for mine when it first came out)

It plays Blu-Ray , CD, SACD, DVD-A and FLAC etc . There is no built in Wi-Fi but it comes with a dongle . It has a seperate DAC and Audio outputs for Stereo.

In fact it has 5 Wolfson DACs.

Good luck - have a spare BD player (2008 slightly used by us PS3) to keep-try before we replace proper lots-of dedicated CDPs if they terminate.

Super Wammer
I've got one its an excellent bit of kit also its been reduced by £300 as its been replaced . (I payed £899 for mine when it first came out)

It plays Blu-Ray , CD, SACD, DVD-A and FLAC etc . There is no built in Wi-Fi but it comes with a dongle . It has a seperate DAC and Audio outputs for Stereo.

In fact it has 5 Wolfson DACs.

The more I look at this, the more I think it could be a great one-box solution (Bluray, DVD and CD as well as external DAC for my SKY Box and PS3).

Yep I've got one and it is excellent

On 27/10/2015 at 17:56, HoopsOnToast said:

I am looking at getting a Bluray player, and thinking that I could possibly replace my S9000ES with a decent Bluray player and save an extra box.

So thinking about a mid-high end Bluray player that is geared towards audio, this will be my main player for CD, DVD and Bluray.

Looking around, new there is the Pioneer LX-58, Cambridge Audio 752BD, Oppo 103, Denon 3313 etc.

The Oppo 103 and 103D are now discontinued and out of stock at most suppliers as a new model UDP-203 is due very soon.

This creates a good opportunity for buying a used 103 as thousands of people will soon be upgrading to an Oppo 203 so there are sure to be plenty of used 103's available soon.

An Oppo BDT-101 transport would have been perfect for you and they where a bargain at £360 but they are also now discontinued and hard to find.

A Cambridge 752BD would also be very good.

If you don't need 4K maybe wait a while and grab a used 103 or the Cambridge or wait to see how much better the Oppo 203 are than the 103 series with CD.

Super Wammer

I have both 103D and 752BD in different systems and find the OPPO slightly slicker operation wise and picture wise too but not by much

The CA has a slightly better stereo output (never 'got' surround) but as i listen via DACs thats moot

Super Wammer

Well, what a difference a year makes!

No longer with a multi-format system, strictly 2-channel with Rega now!