Last minute tunes - Sunday 25th October Coventry

14 posts in this topic

Stuff planned for tomorrow have been cancelled. Anyone fancy an afternoon/evening of music? Looking at 2pm to 9pm or so. All times are GMT.

Looks like I'm going to have to compare these beauties on my own!

dac_shootout_zpsndrqtavi.jpg

My Meitner MA-1 and the new £2000 Schiit Yggdrasil. I haven't even listened to the Yggdrasil yet; it's been warming up since Friday tea-time. The reviews suggest this could be a close thing.

The Yggdrasil is very interesting, do you have an headphones socket?

No, it's a simple DAC; no headphone socket or volume control.

I mean, is there any socket where listen headphones in your amps? I have my Xcanv8 disassembled for mods.

I have a separate headphone amplifier; my valve amp just powers the speakers.

Auralic Taurus II.

I'll send you a pm with my address etc.

Interesting day. Initial impressions of the Yggy are that it is stunning for the money (now £1850 due to exchange rate changes) but it was out-classed by the Meitner which it should be at a quarter of the price!

Super Wammer

Sorry we couldn't make it Ian a little bit too late notice to rearrange our Sunday

look forward to next one

I was lucky enough to hear Ian's two superb DAC's. Yes the Meitner outclassed the Yggy, but for the money I was really impressed with the Yggy. Alas I probably cannot afford either but it has given me an idea hopefully of the Schiit house sound.

Looking forward to how you get on with the DIY dac that being built for you and if the Yggy improves further.

I was lucky enough to hear Ian's two superb DAC's. Yes the Meitner outclassed the Yggy, but for the money I was really impressed with the Yggy. Alas I probably cannot afford either but it has given me an idea hopefully of the Schiit house sound.

Looking forward to how you get on with the DIY dac that being built for you and if the Yggy improves further.

The Yggy has just come down in price to £1850. :)

I've sent off an email about the Yggy to try and work out how many hours it has on it.