JANDL100

Cancer Research UK "Bring & Buy" sale at the Show

Super Mod

Well done and a good a place as any , :biffday: Gerry.

Well done and a good a place as any , :biffday: Jerry.

Thanks Barry :)

Super Wammer

Jerry,

I have a Brother HL-5350DN laser printer, it is B&W but it has a duplex unit (prints on both sides), has had a gentle life but it needs a new toner cartridge - a 8,000 page compatible available on line for under £30 delivered

Nice compact unit, maybe good for a student . . . got to be worth a few quid, dunno, erm £15 - £20? :dunno:

happy to bring it down & take away if doesn't sell, problem is a bit heavy for anyone on the park & ride . . .what you think?

Yup, thanks - worth a go, Paul. :^

happy to bring it down & take away if doesn't sell, problem is a bit heavy for anyone on the park & ride

Coo, yeah. That's an aspect of Park & Ride I hadn't thought of :doh: - difficult to deliver and take away stuff with the Bring & Buy idea. :shock:

Just as well I'm selling donated items in advance!! :D

Hmm - may need to reconsider the whole idea! :?

Any thoughts, folks?

Super Mod

Whoops G Jerry :P

Super Wammer
Coo, yeah. That's an aspect of Park & Ride I hadn't thought of :doh: - difficult to deliver and take away stuff with the Bring & Buy idea. :shock:

Just as well I'm selling donated items in advance!! :D

Hmm - may need to reconsider the whole idea! :?

Any thoughts, folks?

Depends. Does the P&R bus have a place for storing big/ heavy items?if not, what about a designated collection point at the hotel? You'd need a few people to man it, and basically ensure that B&B purchases are checked and if necessary, the relevant piece of kit goes to a point in the.....car park?.??? Where the buyer presents a ticket, and lo & behold, it matches the ticket on a piece of kit, which then gets landed not the boot etc.....

^ That's complicated! :shock:

Nah, I'll just go ahead with the Bring & Buy sale and see what happens. :)

I'll be happy to transport stuff that people buy to Melton Mowbray if I can get it in the car with the dem kit I bring.

They'll have to stay a bit late, mind.

I'm going to be donating to the sale:

Sony STR-DB780QS AV Amp

Denon TU-215RD Tuner

Sony ST-SE500 Tuner

If they will fit, I will also donate a pair of Sony APM-141ES speakers to the sale.

- - - Updated - - -

I am reliably informed that these fine items (stock photos) will be for sale on The Day for £20 or so each. :)

The IKEA Lack table could be purchased for a £fiver or so and used in a dem room. :^

Black Ikea Lack:

lack-side-table-black__22518_PE107397_S4.JPG

I may take that table because I genuinely don't have a stand large enough to accommodate all of my system on the day and I don't really like sitting amps etc directly on the floor.

My Grandad used to have that Hitachi amp, too. Gosh.

Super Wammer
^ That's complicated!.

S'funny it seemed very straightforward when I posted it....

Note to self:

Don't post suggestions after consuming more than two Single Malt whiskies.....:doh:

- - - Updated - - -

I may take that table because I genuinely don't have a stand large enough to accommodate all of my system on the day and I don't really like sitting amps etc directly on the floor.

Methinks that little Lack is spoken for....

• Upvote 1

Sony STR-DB780QS AV Amp

Denon TU-215RD Tuner

Sony ST-SE500 Tuner

If they will fit, I will also donate a pair of Sony APM-141ES speakers to the sale.

- - - Updated - - -

My Grandad used to have that Hitachi amp, too. Gosh.

Thanks Craig, that's :^ :^ :)

See above, though, the IKEA Lack table has been reserved by someone else.

Here are some stock photos to whet people's appetites for Craig's kind donation ....

Sony STR-DB780QS AV Amp

sony-str-db-780_63993.jpg

Silver or black? :?

Denon TU-215RD Tuner

1_m.jpg

Sony ST-SE500 Tuner

image.jpg

-- or maybe it's in silver?

$_35.JPG

Super-duper !! :D

If anyone fancies any of these, and makes a nice £offer, I am happy to have them reserved. :^

The receiver is black and the speakers are as pictured there, sans grills. The tweeters have extra holes by the screws in 2 corners each where I temporarily used them on my NS1000Ms a few years ago - something I should be able to rectify in good time, though.

If no one reserves the APMs let me know and I'll see if I can find someone who wants them locally - they are far larger than they seem in images.

And yes, noted re: the lack table, I re-read the thread and noticed. Bargain, all the same!

• Upvote 1

More sales from dinkydave's kind donation of hifi gear :^ - from eBay auctions this time as no forum buyers - Linn Basik Plus tonearm and Chord speaker cables -- £158.

Yay. :)

DSCF6692_zpsxvexucbt.jpg

Some more generously donated items that will be available on The Day ....

Stock photo of the Pioneer is shown below, not of the actual item

Pioneer SX-450 Receiver, restored, very tidy and in full working order.

Price guide £70 ono

SX450.jpg

EDIT -- info update on the following ....

Videoton Minimax mk 2 Speakers, in very good overall condition (new foam woofer surrounds fitted by Hugo at Ammonite Acoustics)

Price Guide - £50 ono

Photo of one of them ....

IMG-20160219-00329.jpg?psid=1

If you'd like to reserve these - agreeing a price by PM - that would be :^:^