JANDL100

Cancer Research UK "Bring & Buy" sale at the Show

Please save the lack for me ..

:^ Could you label it up, Neil? :)

Super Wammer

^ Sorted

"£4 Reserved for Mickyricky until 12:00pm"

Hi Jerry, I have recently up-graded the tone arm and cartridge on my LP12 and I have the old tone arm (LINN BASIK PLUS) and Cartridge (Goldring 1042 cartridge) which I am never going to use. The arm looks in pretty good condition and the cartridge has probably got 200 - 300 hours on it (the guy who upgraded them said they looked pretty good). I am no expert on these things, but I can post them too you and you can decide how to classify / what to do with them (Split or sell as one). NB. There are no tonearm wires, what you see is what I will post, but I will try to find the cartridge box from the loft later tonight, but might not be able to.

PM me your address and I will post them out tomorrow / Wednesday as it is very unlikely I will be able to make the show this year :(.

Here are a few photos:-

LP12-%20-%201_zpssavgcrec.jpg

LP12-%20-%201%201_zps3mel84nl.jpg

LP12-%20-%201%202_zpsffi6it7r.jpg

LP12-%20-%201%203_zpsk8fyibnn.jpg

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer

^ Wow, that's very generous... probably one for the raffle?

If Dave prefers the money to go to Cancer Research UK I'm happy to sell them on his behalf.

PM sent to Dave.

Up to him, no worries either way - both are fab charities. :)

Yes, tragically with both charities, so many of us have our own personal reasons. :(

Thanks Dave. I'll do my best to maximise the £££ and will advertise them on the Wam as a separate sale once I have them.. :^

First charity payment made. :)

From ..... cable sales! Good old cables, who said they made no difference? They are certainly making a difference here. :P

£220 so far from Dinky Dave's generous donation of items. :^

DSCF6676_zpsqkwmawgy.jpg

Jerry, in terms of bringing items for you to sell on the day, I dont have any hifi sorry but have a few DVDs (popular titles) in good nick - are these any good to you?

Jerry, in terms of bringing items for you to sell on the day, I dont have any hifi sorry but have a few DVDs (popular titles) in good nick - are these any good to you?

They certainly are! :^

Any DVDs, CDs, LPs etc ... anything sellable, really. :)

Anything small-ish left at the end of the day I will take away and attempt to sell. But anything LARGE, please check at the end of the day (or when you leave the Show) and take them away if they are still there! ... I don't have a van to take away anything substantial that I didn't bring myself!

Turntable and yet more cables sold, and some ££ donation received ... so I was able to donate another £350 today to the charity.

Thanks, once again, to the donors and buyers. :)

DSCF6688_zps4pseh9gs.jpg

More generously donated item sales cleared for donation to the charity -- 2x Goldring 1042 cartridges and a Rega tonearm.

Total £466. Donated today.

DSCF6679_zpsna1ggyrv.jpg

Total donated to Cancer Research UK so far => £1,036

Fantastic - thanks to all donors and buyers. :^

• Upvote 1

Incredible! Well done to everyone who has donated so far and Jerry for organising. Makes me proud to be a wammer!:notworthy:

Super Wammer

Wow, smashing last year's total! Nice one. Ditto on the thanks to the donators and Jerry for running this.

As someone who's life has been touched more than once by cancer, it's great to see this level of generosity and selflessness.

Yep, it's been awe-inspiring this year.

And Scalford is still 6 weeks away!

I've got a donated item that didn't sell here on eBay auction at the moment ....

Chord Rumour 4 bi-wire cable http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252274595856?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

-- ends 12th Feb

---- I'm sure there will be lots of great gear and music on The Day as well, for the Bring & Buy sale in the Somerby Room. :^