rv295

Music suggestions for a wedding?

You're too kind!

But :shock: I hope the rest of it was a joke. :RIP: stereo budget. :nup:

Couple of years ago I was in charge of the 'walk up the aisle' music at a friends wedding. Got there nice & early & played it a few times to get an idea of volume etc. Frankly I was shitting hot conkers. The system was a Bose thing, quite a nice sound too.

But..the stereo had a setting where if there was no music for 5mins, it went into standby. So come the moment, start and...silence, luckily it was a very gradual run in to the tune & as soon as I touched the volume knob it cam back on. Phew!

:rofl: I can see you explaining that one away to the bride and groom.

"I had one button to press and it all went tits up".

Thank you, that put a smile on my face! :^

This is a touch religious, but still a beautiful example of early polyphony...

[video=youtube;fcWo1hKHu40]

But don't display the subtitles - "you will delight in sacrifice and burnt offerings", especially if her cooking skills are poor!

This is a touch religious, but still a beautiful example of early polyphony...

[video=youtube;fcWo1hKHu40]

Oddly enough, as we are not getting married in a church the registrars will not allow any religious music of any kind. They want to know what music we are playing before hand so it can be approved.

They even want to know what readings we are having so they don't mention god. :nuts:

When the vicar asked what hymns we would like at our wedding I suggested Fight the Good Fight. To this day I can't understand why that suggestion didn't go down well.....

Oddly enough, as we are not getting married in a church the registrars will not allow any religious music of any kind. They want to know what music we are playing before hand so it can be approved.

They even want to know what readings we are having so they don't mention god. :nuts:

Ah - I was going to suggest the Pergolesi Stabat Mater -- so I guess that's a neg on that? :?

I don't know much about registrars but I reckon that that one could be a tough call for them. How 'religious' music is must surely be a question of degree, not "yes it is" or "no it isn't". OK, if there is an explicitly religious text or even title then they should be able to spot that. But there must be quite a few composers (e.g. Olivier Messiaen, Anton Bruckner, Arvo Part perhaps) who might claim that nothing they wrote would have been the same had it not been influenced by the almighty.

VB

Oh, by the way; make sure your Wedding Present List includes things lime Amplifiers, Speakers etc

I'm only marrying her because she doesn't mind me spending money on my stereo. :^

Women don't change when you marry them do they? :shock:

Thanks again for the suggestions. The way I see the 'no religious' music is pretty much what Graeme said. As long as words like 'God' and phrases like 'our father' aren't jumping out at you I think I'll be ok and will argue it's spiritual and not religious. Only time will tell though. We need to make our decision in the next 2 weeks but I'm not worried. :nerves:

Women don't change when you marry them do they? :shock:

All I can say is, do you get on with your prospective mother-in-law?

Yeah she's actually really lovely. :^

Good to hear.

I should be so lucky...