HoopsOnToast

Hoops Manor Bake-Off - Oxfordshire

19 posts in this topic

Super Wammer

Its been a while, not much has changed but I need an excuse to buy a box of local beer and get a curry in so same deal as usual. :D

Date: Weekend of 21st/22nd November

Time: From lunchtime on Saturday till lunchtime on Sunday

Current kit is as in signature and speakers could be any of the following*, depending on availability:

Vandersteen 1C, Kord Tornado, Keesonic 701a, Rega R9 and Keesonic Kolt

Anything else welcome but usually just end up chatting rubbish and occasionally listening to some music.... ;-):^

Space for 5-6 at a push, can accomodate people staying over if you don't mind the sofa or camp bed.

I would appreciate some input from the Vinyl side :^

*unless I have a relapse and buy something random.... :doh:

Super Wammer

Yes please Rob:^

I'm very tempted Rob, but that's Mrs VB's birthday weekend and I don't really fancy spending the winter in the spare bedroom :nup::(.

VB

Yes please rob if it's open to Taffys :)

Super Wammer
Yes please Rob:^

Your on the List :^

I'm very tempted Rob, but that's Mrs VB's birthday weekend and I don't really fancy spending the winter in the spare bedroom :nup::(.

VB

You are always welcome over Graeme anytime, if you can't make it!

Yes please rob if it's open to Taffys :)

Your on the List :^

Can I come along as I am in sunny Reading, not too far away and like vinyl and own a few albums.....

Awesome. I'll bring a chilli with me and plenty of beers of course. I'll kip over if that's ok!

I'll pop a few beers in the bag and a Ginger Cake

I'm very tempted Rob, but that's Mrs VB's birthday weekend and I don't really fancy spending the winter in the spare bedroom :nup::( ...

... so, Mrs VB and I are out for a drink yesterday and I ask her, as has become traditional after all these years, if there's anything she particularly wants for her birthday, or anything she might like to do over that weekend. She replies, "Hmmm, actually I was thinking of going to visit my mum and travelling back home on the Monday". "Er, fine," I say "I'll, um, spend the weekend sorting my resistors out and tidying the cardboard box collection in the loft".

Haha. Hahahahahahahaahahaha.

Looks like I could be up for this if there's still space Rob :).

VB

Super Wammer

Excellent, sounds like a full house then :^

There may be an extra person for a bit, got someone picking up the Kords that day.

Super Wammer

Sorry Rob, I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend due to work. Hopefully next time.

Super Wammer

Crap, its this weekend, that came round quickly!

No worries Mick!

Super Wammer

Space for a little one if anyone is interested :^

Firstly many thanks Rob for the bake off including a nice curry to keep body and spirits going. It was great to hear a nice set of Vandersteen speakers that were in fine fettle and sounding great with a Bryston keeping things under control. The music was a great cross section of what is about (not too much classical or jazz ) which was OK with my me. And a lot of interesting conversations on wine, women and song, oh... and valve amplifiers, SS, Class D stag dos etc.

Great event...

Great Bake Off Bob, many thanks Oh, forgot about the ginger cake I think it's in the kitchen somewhere.