unclepuncle

Avantgarde Zero 1 Pro - The End Game?

The specs do suggest room EQ via optional software

http://www.avantgarde-acoustic.de/zero1/_en/tech-specs.html

And there is a small control software package avaialble

http://www.avantgarde-acoustic.de/hornloudspeaker-downloads-en.html

It appears you can connect the master speaker to a PC and using a little software app adjust a few minor thing (eg. change the delay to avoid lip sync issues on home cinema), or there is an option to install a new set of FPGA (whatever that means!!) parameters that Avantgarde provide. Not sure if I am on the old version or the later one and frankly can't bo bothered to connect a PC and mess about with it.

FPGA - A field-programmable gate array (FPGA) is an integrated circuit designed to be configured by a customer or a designer after manufacturing – hence "field-programmable".

Could be well worth looking into just to see what options/control it gives you

It appears you can connect the master speaker to a PC and using a little software app adjust a few minor thing (eg. change the delay to avoid lip sync issues on home cinema), or there is an option to install a new set of FPGA (whatever that means!!) parameters that Avantgarde provide. Not sure if I am on the old version or the later one and frankly can't bo bothered to connect a PC and mess about with it.

FPGA = Field Programmable Gate Array (a chip holding some software that can be updated) - sometimes known as firmware.

FPGA - A field-programmable gate array (FPGA) is an integrated circuit designed to be configured by a customer or a designer after manufacturing – hence "field-programmable".

Could be well worth looking into just to see what options/control it gives you

The only option (if I have read the stuff about it on Avantagrdes website correctly) that may change the sound seems to be to load (update) a revised set of parameters that Avantgarde have available for download (these were issued in 2014). I may already have this anyway?

Is hell freezing over anytime soon.;-)

Don't use THAT allusion!

The Eagles said they'd tour again 'when hell froze over' - then followed 'The Hell Freezes over' tour! (Albeit a few years later!)

Anyway, folks, he'd want to swap with me for my Ocellias.

It looks like room correction will be coming later, interesting speaker, it basically does what I do with software rather a FPGA, in this case the FPGA is just being used as a DSP chip, its possible they felt the commercially available DSP chips, such as the sharc etc found in things like the minidsp didn't do what they wanted.

Because in PRO mode all the filters are FIR already, adding a room correction filter would be trivial.

Nah not me, only just got my impulse horns working in my room.

Only a matter of time before the nagging doubts about the bass begin to crack UP's resolve and these are out ;)

Lol, the vultures are circling already! :D

Still hovering here... Waiting to swoop