unclepuncle

Avantgarde Zero 1 Pro - The End Game?

Nice to see you Nick.

The bass did seem a bit more problematic tonight (even when I turned it down to -4db), and probably because of that I felt they were sounding a bit less open and transparent than they had yesterday when Mark was round.

I'll continue to play around with positioning and supports and try to minimise this.

I have noted many times on here that my system's sound seems to change from session to session and weekday evenings have always been the worst time so maybe that played a part.:dunno:

Erm... bigger bass trap yesterday? :whistle:

• Upvote 1

I don't see how they could do that without being able to read the room acoustics via a microphone and software and then adjusting the DSP accordingly - but this is not possible as far as I know.:dunno:

I knew full well that my room would be less than ideal but I'm throughly enjoying them this morning so the bass issue isn't going to be a deal breaker.

Interesting about (apparent?) changes in quality.

A dense subject if you include PHYSIOLOGICAL changes in the listener of course, but, could it be related to our old friend, The Grid?

I've never used Power conditioners, but others do and swear by them.

The human factor? Well, even the fact that, if you come back from 2 weeks holiday, your system sounds better, means your perception varies.

Seems to be two possible solutions .... 1. ask Mark to move in .... or 2. get a life size replica of Mark for your sofa :)

Option 2 would be preferable because he's never around, always out cycling I guess.

Been gradually going through all my favourite test albums (see 'what are you listening to' thread) and the bass issue has really been notable only by it's absence.

Yes there is plenty of weight and scale to the sound but only very occasionally does it really spill over and become too much, and even then it doesn't spoil the enjoyment not for me anyway.

Posting at 8.13 A.M.? Been up all night, listening? (-:

I don't see how they could do that without being able to read the room acoustics via a microphone and software and then adjusting the DSP accordingly - but this is not possible as far as I know.:dunno:

I knew full well that my room would be less than ideal but I'm throughly enjoying them this morning so the bass issue isn't going to be a deal breaker.

That bis exactly what they are meant to do. That's the whole point as far as the sales pitch at Munich went!

Who did you buy them from? Did they not give you the spiel?

The website mentions that room correction DSP is a "software option" but gives no details at all. But I do remember that they bigged-up this feature at Munich.