unclepuncle

Avantgarde Zero 1 Pro - The End Game?

146 posts in this topic

Don't worry Bob - this lady's not for turning.:nup:

- - - Updated - - -

I have now got them on some Auralex Subdude HT platforms. Can't honestly say it has changed things very much, in fact it's taken me a week of faffing about with positioning to get them sounding as good as they were before.:doh:

Well at least you could say you had an interesting journey, before you reached the DESTINATION! (-:

In my head I've actually loaned these to Paul with him paying for the privilege of playing with before he gets bored and I take them off his hands...

They deserve to be keepers, but I thought that about quite a lot of the kit you've jettisoned along the way. :)

Will you lot stop it.:off:

Anyone would think I had a reputation for not keeping kit for very long.:roll:

Hope you do settle with these Paul. The WLM /Trafomatic 300B combo you had certainly looked superb and I bet sounded it too. Why did you sell them and are these any better?

The WLM /Trafomatic 300B combo you had certainly looked superb and I bet sounded it too. Why did you sell them and are these any better?

I was exceptionally happy with the WLM/Trafo combo and had no real intention of selling them, and it was only seeing the Zero's, in black and at a price I couldn't quite resist, that made me sell them.:doh:

Are the Zero's better - yes, but not massively so. They do present a tad more inner detail and way more bass slam (too much for some tastes:P).

On something like Kraftwerk the Zero's are much better but on some of my female singer songwriter stuff I don't quite get that same tingle down my spine that the single ended 300B's gave me. The prices that the Trafomatic stuff go for are ridiculous - serious high end bargains.

Well I finally got round to buying a USB lead and updating the software to the latest version (I think there has only been one update since the speaker was launched).

Initial impressions are that it has somewhat softened the sound - it's a bit more relaxed and laid back but I'm not sure it's an actual improvement and I can't go back to the old software version as Avantgarde seem to have taken it off their website.:doh:

Super Wammer

No 'factory reset' option?

Well I finally got round to buying a USB lead and updating the software to the latest version (I think there has only been one update since the speaker was launched).

Initial impressions are that it has somewhat softened the sound - it's a bit more relaxed and laid back but I'm not sure it's an actual improvement and I can't go back to the old software version as Avantgarde seem to have taken it off their website.:doh:

No 'factory reset' option?

What do you think they are - some sensibly designed piece of mass consumerism.:nup:

It's 'proper high-end' so no there isn't reset option. There is no way of even turning them on or changing the volume without the remote. If the remote sensor ever breaks they are land-fill.:shock:

Was there a way of saving the set-up on a computer before the upgrade?

The above post is why I stick with the good old manual switch on most things. The remote sensor should be fixable I would have thought.

- - - Updated - - -

email them and ask them to email you the previous set-up as a customer etc... That way you have both to compare. My guess is that when you upgrade it just over writes the complete set-up anyway.