turning japanese

netflix - anything good on there worth watching?

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:30, Cloth-Ears. said:

Hey Pete, I''m glad you posted in this thread again and I see you are one of the keen ones. I do wish this thread was more active.

Haha, I've just seen your reply. I really do think there are too many sub forums on the Wam and it doesn't encourage having a look around. Pink Fish is far simpler and has a much better layout, which no doubt increases traffic.

The Red Sea Diving Resort. A great film about a true and amazing story. A must watch film about a group of Mossad agents who set up what is supposed to be a fake diving school in Sudan. The purpose was to evacuate Jewish Ethiopians from Sudan and they did in there thousands. A superb film, loved it.

Will watch that, cheers. Yep, one of the prime roles of Mossad is to get Jews out of trouble around the world. I would recommend, btw, a film about an Egyptian playboy working in diplomatic service, turned double agent and became useful in avoiding war. Forget its name but I'm sure you'll find it.

I disagree about there being too many sub forums here. Its nothing more or worse than well organised filing. :geek:

Posted (edited)

Here's an interesting one, The Guilty. A Danish subtitled drama set in a Police emergency call dispatch centre. If you only like Hollywood bang bang action films then this is not for you. On the other hand if you like tense drama and maybe even the occasional radio play then you may like this. Your imagination will be working overtime on this one. Jakob Cedergren really nails the part he is playing. A woman rings in who has been kidnapped and the Police call operative is on a race against time to try and save her. Its only a shortish film of just less than the usual 90 minutes but quite gripping.

Edited by Pete the Feet

The thread is dead long live the thread. However for those who may happen across this thread I would recommend Victim Number 8 a Spanish crime thriller set in Bilbao in Northern Spain. A terrorist attack is not all that it seems and as the plot unravels it takes on an interesting turn. Some noteworthy acting in this eight part series. Well worth a watch.

DARK , superb .

• Like 1

Occupied - a danish thriller about the occupation of Norway by the Russians. Its got subtitles but there is also english dialogue. Two series, worth a look.

• Like 1

Occupied - a danish thriller about the occupation of Norway by the Russians. Its got subtitles but there is also english dialogue. Two series, worth a look.
Subtitles is better on this if I remember correctly. Quite a few of the subtitled series I've seen have suffered from woeful overdubbing where the voice artists sound like they are reading out a shopping list with strange vocal inflections.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

The Spy, written and made by Gideon Raff the same fellow who wrote and created the Red Sea Diving Resort. A true story about an undercover Israeli spy who inveigled his way to the top of the Syrian defense. A 6 part mini series which is a bit uncomfortable to watch as there are quite a few is he going to get caught moments. Sacha Baron Cohen plays the lead part but do not let this put you off. Noah Emmerich from The Americans plays a good part. I didn't twig it was him at first due to his accent.

Unbelievable - watched all 8 episodes last night, got to bed about 3am xD

Well worth a watch ;)

On 31/08/2019 at 18:06, Sumdumgi said:

yeah, agree