anubisgrau

Migrants, refugees, asylants....

Greece is slightly different as it's the first European country they arrive in. But again, Turkey tells them to fuck off, so where are they supposed to go ?
Truth be told, Turkey currently hosts 2 million registered refugees from Syria. To put things into perspective, EU countries are willing to let 40 thousand people in. All EU countries in total.
It is certainly galling when hard up folks cannot get a house and folks come in from abroad and get one fairly easily . it is also very difficult for our infrastructure to cope

I had a very interesting wait for 45 mins recently to see a doctors receptionist . folks from all over the world were arguing like mad with the poor girl . chap from Poland with his pregnant wife even started arguing and using his internet to prove a point. Meanwhile I had to get to work and was delayed

Needless to say I went to a nice private hospital for attention after this !!!!!

That said I am surrounded also by very very wealthy Asians . some of the latter were turfed out by idi amin and came here with nothing and have formed many businesses giving employment to many

Myself being white am very much a minority which is sometimes a little hard to adjust to although its brilliant when my neighbours bring round loads of food etc. Reminds me of one of my favourite films ..gran Torino with Clint Eastwood warming to his Hmong neighbours

Sounds to me that UK doesn't have a problem with the immigrants, but with NHS. Having read about those Asians who were turfed out by Idi Amin, I'd also say there may also be a problem with the education system.

Kudos to Serge (*) whose posts on the subject are well-measured (:-), but some messages by other posters are downright scary. It looks to me that Europe has a far greater problem to solve than this refugee crisis.

(*) and several others, left out to make the pun work.

great news from germany, they suspended dublin agreement for syrians so they will all have a right to stay without a danger of being sent back anywhere.

respect for showing how world has gone totally upside down when krauts are doing the right thing...

Great news from Calais, euro tunnel closed for good to stop immigrants.

Great news from Calais, euro tunnel closed for good to stop immigrants.

UK goes bankrupt after tunnel closure.

We could always put a rope around the UK and tow it out to the middle of the Atlantic, stop any Jonny foreigners swimming to us and the tunnel won't work. Little Britain rules KO.

Truth be told, Turkey currently hosts 2 million registered refugees from Syria. To put things into perspective, EU countries are willing to let 40 thousand people in. All EU countries in total.

Sounds to me that UK doesn't have a problem with the immigrants, but with NHS. Having read about those Asians who were turfed out by Idi Amin, I'd also say there may also be a problem with the education system.

Kudos to Serge (*) whose posts on the subject are well-measured (:-), but some messages by other posters are downright scary. It looks to me that Europe has a far greater problem to solve than this refugee crisis.

(*) and several others, left out to make the pun work.

Germany took 400'000 non EU migrants last year, expected to be 800'000 this year, staggering.

Germany took 400'000 non EU migrants last year, expected to be 800'000 this year, staggering.

The number of people of working age in Germany will fall by around a third by 2050 if Europe's biggest economy does not increase immigration from countries outside the European Union, a study published on Friday said.

Germany will need between 276,000 and 491,000 net immigrants from non-EU countries each year to safeguard its levels of prosperity and economic activity, said the study by the Bertelsmann foundation.

Oh and Non EU immigration policies are set by each country. EU immigration is common policy ofc. Germany insists on work permits for non eu immigrants...'Immigration to Germany as a non-EU-citizen is still limited to skilled workers (individuals with either a university or polytechnic degree or at least 3 years of training together with job experience), students and their immediate family members'.

The number of people of working age in Germany will fall by around a third by 2050 if Europe's biggest economy does not increase immigration from countries outside the European Union, a study published on Friday said.

Germany will need between 276,000 and 491,000 net immigrants from non-EU countries each year to safeguard its levels of prosperity and economic activity, said the study by the Bertelsmann foundation.

Oh and Non EU immigration policies are set by each country. EU immigration is common policy ofc. Germany insists on work permits for non eu immigrants...'Immigration to Germany as a non-EU-citizen is still limited to skilled workers (individuals with either a university or polytechnic degree or at least 3 years of training together with job experience), students and their immediate family members'.

Quite, but a phenominal capacity to take in non EU migrant workers all the same. Let's not forget the 40'000 being discussed among some EU countries are assylum seekers, not migrant workers. The UK took in somewhere like 25'000 asylum seekers last year, only the 6th largest figure in the EU, we are hardly bursting at the seams with asylum seekers.

Super Wammer
Riots and no go areas even for police all over europe now, I've seen some "special qualities" from humans I wouldn't care to see again, rape, wanton destruction, beatings, theft. Liberalism, will be the nail in the coffin. I can't see how some of these people would ever integrate and "settle down".

There are videos out there if you care to look videos showing some of the behaviour you won't see on the heavily censored impotent BBC and how multiculturalism is failing badly in some places and creating breeding grounds for radicalism. I think humanity is stuffed. I think the gap between the first and the third world is too huge and that culturally people are incompatible with western lifestyles, it sounds harsh but when you see a mob attempt to rape a swedish woman after attacking her boyfriend that says it. Paris, Southern Italy and Spain, Sweden and Norway are having huge problems. I don't come at this as some right winger, I come at this as someone who stays informed and doesn't accept the "truth" we are spoonfed, in anything.

My view entirely Chris

If I were to make a guess and I hope I am very wrong on this....Civil War is coming to the UK.

Quite, but a phenominal capacity to take in non EU migrant workers all the same. Let's not forget the 40'000 being discussed among some EU countries are assylum seekers, not migrant workers. The UK took in somewhere like 25'000 asylum seekers last year, only the 6th largest figure in the EU, we are hardly bursting at the seams with asylum seekers.

Are you kidding about not being awash?

It all depends where you live. Rochdale has currently more asylum seekers than the whole of the south east of England. It's currently more than a thousand. Second only to Liverpool and Glasgow. This isn't counting European migrants of whom there are many more plus many illegals.

I expect there aren't many in the Cotswolds or the home counties. It's funny that this is where much of the Daily Fail protesters reside in areas not affected like areas mentioned or Birmingham.

Sent from my mobile via TapaTalk

Are you kidding about not being awash?

It all depends where you live. Rochdale has currently more asylum seekers than the whole of the south east of England. It's currently more than a thousand. Second only to Liverpool and Glasgow. This isn't counting European migrants of whom there are many more plus many illegals.

I expect there aren't many in the Cotswolds or the home counties. It's funny that this is where much of the Daily Fail protesters reside in areas not affected like areas mentioned or Birmingham.

Sent from my mobile via TapaTalk

From the University of Oxford

As shown in Figure 2, London has been the most popular destination for incoming migrants to England since at least

1991 (30% of the total in 2013). There has been, however, a noticeable decrease in the share of migrants going to

London when compared with the peak in the late 1990s (48% in 1998). Meanwhile, there has been a slight increase

in the share of incoming migrants going to other regions of England such as the North East and the North West. The

current (2013) shares for these regions, however, remain small at about 3% and 11%, respectively.

Right as far as I know London (and its regions) are still in the South and I think Rochdale will fit into the North which added together still only amounts to 14% as opposed to 30% for London.

From the University of Oxford

As shown in Figure 2, London has been the most popular destination for incoming migrants to England since at least

1991 (30% of the total in 2013). There has been, however, a noticeable decrease in the share of migrants going to

London when compared with the peak in the late 1990s (48% in 1998). Meanwhile, there has been a slight increase

in the share of incoming migrants going to other regions of England such as the North East and the North West. The

current (2013) shares for these regions, however, remain small at about 3% and 11%, respectively.

Right as far as I know London (and its regions) are still in the South and I think Rochdale will fit into the North which added together still only amounts to 14% as opposed to 30% for London.

That may be so of migrants but I was quoting asylum seekers in the numbers. Migrants are generally here legally and asylum seekers whilst possibly legal are a different case.

Welcome the migrants, I say, house, resettle, educate, find jobs just as you would anyone else. You can't build a fence, and there is plenty of room.

Humanity is meant to be a special quality, so let's make it so.

Well said. Although the roads and schools and hospitals are over subscribed on our little island. So it's not without it's difficulties.

It might be better to really seriously try and deal with the cause of migration in the first place.

That may be so of migrants but I was quoting asylum seekers in the numbers. Migrants are generally here legally and asylum seekers whilst possibly legal are a different case.

OK using the Daily Fail figures, Rochdale is tenth in the UK (680), well behind London (2690) ; they have 680 asylum seekers in a population of 210,000 or 0.03% of the population: (a swarm?) :

[TABLE=class: mol-table]

[TR]

[TD]Glasgow

[/TD]

[TD]2,562; London 2692; Liverpool 1418;Birmingham 1370; Cardiff 922; Leicester 832; Manchester 794; Bolton 784; Middlesborough 776; Rochdale 680

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]