The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Beobloke

The Yamaha Owners Club

Beautiful amps. Did they come from near Murrayfield by any chance? And do they sound as good as they look?!

Hi Nick, the guy I bought them from used to live in Murrayfield but he's out in Loanhead at the moment. Why do you ask? They do sound good but I've not had much quality time with them. The power amp is away getting a service. I'm hoping to get it back next week though and all being well spend an extended period with the Yamahas in my system over the holidays. Initial impressions are that they're good enough to keep and they will get regular rotation with the Kenwood. It may take me a while to settle on a favourite. I've been lucky enough to complete the system with a T-7 tuner and K-950 cassette deck which are being delivered when the present owner ventures north for a Xmas break. Can't wait! I'll post some pics when they arrive.

Hi Nick, the guy I bought them from used to live in Murrayfield but he's out in Loanhead at the moment. Why do you ask? They do sound good but I've not had much quality time with them. The power amp is away getting a service. I'm hoping to get it back next week though and all being well spend an extended period with the Yamahas in my system over the holidays. Initial impressions are that they're good enough to keep and they will get regular rotation with the Kenwood. It may take me a while to settle on a favourite. I've been lucky enough to complete the system with a T-7 tuner and K-950 cassette deck which are being delivered when the present owner ventures north for a Xmas break. Can't wait! I'll post some pics when they arrive.

I bought a turntable from the same chap and he had your Yamaha amps at the time. They were in his ad pics for my TT but I didn't get to actually see them when I was at his flat. Lovely looking things, I had a long think about them myself.

Revox%204_zpsqwjbznfu.jpg

If I remember right, he had bought the whole system pictured from the original aged owner (cheap, no doubt) and was selling on.

Yamaha's designs of that time were so right, I would have bought the tuner with the turntable but it was already gone. Your tape deck looks a belter too, very impressed :^

Nice find. There can't be too many of these around. Lovely looking machine that would look good beside a PX-2 turntable.

I was watching that CD-1 but didn't bid. I'd be very interested to read what Beobloke thinks though. I'm after a classic CD player myself to complete my system.

As for Yamaha gear, I have the T-85 and T-2 tuners; the latter being the best performer of the two.

Regards,

Nick

Loving my little MSP3 Active monitors attached to my PC :)

About to test out my latest Yamaha acquisition, the RX-V765 AV unit as a preamp for my Chords. Be good to hear true HD sound. The Parasound is a fantastic unit but no DTS processing :(

I was watching that CD-1 but didn't bid. I'd be very interested to read what Beobloke thinks though. I'm after a classic CD player myself to complete my system.

Its 'fully working' condition was a little overstated and it needed some serious sessions with a screwdriver, oscilloscope and service manual to bring it back into line again - I've never seen so many adjustments inside a CD player! Still, it's reading most things I throw at it now and an initial quick listen suggests its very nice but I haven't had a chance to sit down properly and check it out yet. Might be a job for the Christmas holidays.

Well, the RX-V765 is in and running. Not as musical as the Parasound which is a let down as I had hoped for better having owned and loved the sound of, various Yam bits in the past.

Movies wise its doing a great job and unlike the Parasound which makes the most godawful noise as soon as its connected to it (Dont know and cant be arsed to have it diagnosed and fixed at its age) it runs the Sub nicely over the LFE.

So, PLUS: Runs the sub, does a mighty job in movie presentation. MINUS: Musically, not in the same league as the unit it replaces but thats probably not surprising really as it was a quarter of the price at new.....

[ATTACH]13027[/ATTACH]

577e7298a3c59_Newsetup.jpg.e6067611c9527

My Yamaha CA1000 II has just come back from a very extensive refurb. Drove 6 hours to get it on Christmas eve, that went down well!

I absolutely love the way this thing sounds, hearts pounding listening to a Nirvana album right now.

24068183025_34cbb35010_z.jpg

23985596911_7740bd137e_z.jpg

And the last speakers I'll ever buy.. Refurbished these old girls myself.

23960069402_98f133e5c1_z.jpg

I've got plenty more Yamaha kit, lovely stuff. I'll get some pictures!

• Like 1

NS1000 are great things, I still miss my old ones:

midmodbadge.jpg

wred.jpg

smallKrellCo.jpg

In fact, I had two pairs at one point:

multiYam.jpg

Bloody hell they look wonderful in red!

Mine are actually metallic black, here -

19437112664_ef88991138_z.jpg

Got these old birds as well a couple of weeks back, I just can't resist a good old L-pad!

Keeping me happy at work at the moment.

24220679256_d30358bb46_z.jpg

Lovely vented/open dust cap.

24138712222_51b208545e_z.jpg

Big old fabric tweeter..

24138715462_da83efa719_z.jpg

Couple of age old marks but otherwise great condition, well happy!

I saw your resto thread on the black ones, very nice :^ The red ones have been owned by 3 or 4 other wammers since I had them and are now no longer red at all!

added a Yamaha T-7 tuner and K-950 cassette deck to my C-4/M-4 combo.

IMGP0035_zpseqrv8x5g.jpg

IMGP0023_zpsekilgetv.jpg

Totally droolworthy....

Recently again used fine Yam cassette-deck to archive lots of analogue cassettes to shared not-on-sale digits ...