Beobloke

The Yamaha Owners Club

Very nice indeed Paul!

I also forgot to update this thread when no less than two TC-800GL cassette decks followed me home from last month's Audiojumble.

Latest Yamaha toy is waiting for me at home - one of these: http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-CD-1.html

Lets hope that, unlike my B-2 power amp, there are no 'surprises' waiting inside this one for me...:shock:

It might get a trip to Scalford, along with the not-actually-a-B2 if I'm awarded a room....;-)

Super Wammer

Makes my CDX-1030 look extremely boring images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgYFShm1xoCzcQET_7x78okSBEpGFJhvsQB1dnYwhpsXKWD2eb

Latest Yamaha toy is waiting for me at home - one of these: http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-CD-1.html

Lets hope that, unlike my B-2 power amp, there are no 'surprises' waiting inside this one for me...:shock:

Nice find. There can't be too many of these around. Lovely looking machine that would look good beside a PX-2 turntable.

Nice find. There can't be too many of these around. Lovely looking machine that would look good beside a PX-2 turntable.

That's very good point although I'm holding out for a GT-2000, personally!

Fine Yams - esp analogue tape and speakers - enjoyed suitably by myriads.

Nearly forgot, I also have the small and unassuming YSU3 input switching unit, with capability for 5 turntables, 5 tape decks, 10 amplifiers and 20 pairs of speakers. I also have the YSL3 volume control unit but, sadly, not the Nixie tube indicator unit. Can't believe I forgot it - it's not exactly the sort of thing you can easily hide and/or lose... :doh:

Yamaha%20YSU3_1_zps97voksaq.jpg

• Like 1

I have the wonderful A-S3000 amplifier, DSP E800 (brilliant and can be bought very cheap) and the TOTR Universal Player from a couple of years back (can't remember the name/number). All good sounding, well engineered kit.

It is involved in music reproduction, so why not?!

I thought I would try these 1978 Yamahas out whilst my Kenwood 500 amp is at the tech. First impressions are very good.

IMGP0024_zps4p7olifr.jpg

IMGP0025_zpsck4cdzyk.jpg

IMGP0029_zpseqabza80.jpg

Beautiful amps. Did they come from near Murrayfield by any chance? And do they sound as good as they look?!