Beobloke

The Yamaha Owners Club

Super Wammer

Battle house! 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Tim_ said:

IMG_2017-12-28_125128.2.thumb.jpg.acd00c1f9aa1c301b34fd8daf05b3ec5.jpg

AX-2000 is a very rare amplifier. I've never seen him on eBay. Although they were produced for the European market. There was a series of Yamaha - Titan. The device for Europe is almost not found, and so I ordered my own in Japan.

It has an excellent DAC PCM 56, optical and coaxial inputs

Now it looks like this:

IMG_2018-04-21_195058.1.thumb.jpg.88bd2e0bf8200c3d3677ee97c6028294.jpg

The Audioscience review of the WXA-50 might be of interest to some. I've encountered more than the odd naysayer that has suggested that the output power wouldn't be even half of the claimed specs. This may put those suggestions to bed.

Edited by Sam Vimes
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, Sam Vimes said:

The Audioscience review of the WXA-50 might be of interest to some. I've encountered more than the odd naysayer that has suggested that the output power wouldn't be even half of the claimed specs. This may put those suggestions to bed.

I’ve often admired the preamp model, and obviously this is no slouch either!  What a great value device. 

• Upvote 1

I had the RN303 for my bedroom. I found that it sounded ok. Decent. But with a budget amp that has so many features I can’t expect too much from its sound quality. So I am thinking of getting the AS801. Anyone knows if there will be a significant difference in sound? I don’t expect it to be super huge.

Thanks!

Don't be hasty, what is the problem, what speakers are you using. I have you receiver's big brother the RN 803D in my main system and is is extremely capable.

Think (at least) twice "upgrade" once.

Ian

24 minutes ago, JTW said:

Don't be hasty, what is the problem, what speakers are you using. I have you receiver's big brother the RN 803D in my main system and is is extremely capable.

Think (at least) twice "upgrade" once.

Ian

Am using the ProAc Response D2. I want more clarity and sweeter mids. The 303 was unable to give me that. I have other amps at home that I compared it with.

Got a lovely little 10w Japanese SS but 10w won’t drive my speakers of 88dB that well. Then I do have a 40w EL34 but not keen to always switch it on and off for short listening sessions or fall asleep with the tubes on.

Hence, want to use a better SS amp and the SS801 seems like a great option.

I should have got the RN803, since it will do all the streaming. Pretty cheap in Malaysia too, a mere $600. But I went to buy the Oppo Sonica streamer. 😢

The RN803 would have been cheaper with everything thrown in.

On 26/09/2019 at 14:06, Sam Vimes said:

I have owned one for 2 years with no issues and sounds really good 

Edited by Blacksabbath25