The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Beobloke

The Yamaha Owners Club

Can't believe we haven't got a Yamaha owners' thread yet, so I shall start one! They've always been my favourite big Japanese manufacturer and currently I own an RX-V777 A/V receiver and BDP-677 Blu-ray player for A/V duties in the lounge but also have these vintage lovelies:

- K-850 cassette deck (sadly without the funky wooden surround shown in the link): http://www.vintagecassette.com/Yamaha/K-850

- MX-35 4 channel power amplifier: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/yamaha_natural_sound_24_channel.html

- The compact, unassuming and under-featured CX-10000 preamplifier: http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-CX-10000.html

And I've just bought this VFET-tastic beast:

Yamaha%20B-2_zpsev3pi56c.jpg

My first proper amp was a CA510. I was 18 (I think !). It had meters, was big and everything. Paired it with a pair of Celestion 15XR speakers and a Garrard 86SB TT. I had arrived ;-)

I had an R1 for about 6 months but it tried to kill me on a fairly regular basis. This may have prejudiced me against the company's other offerings, although my mate Chris has some lovely speakers by them.

CR1000 receiver here.

Beautifully made and great facilities and performance.

S

I had an R1 for about 6 months but it tried to kill me on a fairly regular basis. This may have prejudiced me against the company's other offerings, although my mate Chris has some lovely speakers by them.

Sorry, I should have clarified that this is a Yamaha Hi-Fi thread. Please take your hilarious tales of homotorbicycling elsewhere.

;-)

i have a Yamaha CDX-1060 cd player. lovely sounding beast.

i just can't find any reason to change it, things that improve on it cost so much more money it's not worth it. and it looks cool :)

Many lovely Yam audio-products (cassette anyone).

Our best of many cass. decks is now the lowly non-Bellini 580SE.

Great thread!

I'm Yamaha fan.. Will pop some pictures up later :)

Fond memories of some of their battleship early AV amps. I had DSP-A2 then DSP-AX1 :^

Super Wammer

I have NS1000M speakers, bought new and not for sale. Ever.

Didn't buy mine new but share the sentiment.

I have NS1000M speakers, bought new and not for sale. Ever.

Almost bought THE speakers-THE cassette-m/c - enjoy safely suitably.