The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

crimsondonkey

Leben gold plated knob appreciation clique

some lovely kit there !! thanks for posting 

Thanks HIFINUTT.

I love your avatar BTW!  Great to see LARRY NORMAN beaming out at me this morning.
I believe LARRY NORMAN was one of the great unsung talents of his era.  Even The Beatles recognised Norman's genius.
If you haven't heard the album below, then a musical treat awaits!

(Sounding VERY good on original Vinyl pressing too...  😎  )

LARRY NORMAN In Another Land.jpg

Here’s my CS300XS. Resident amplifier here these last 4 years. In that time it’s driven Harbeth P3ESR, Tannoy Kensington SE, Spendor S3/5R, and back to Harbeth P3ESR again. The latter have now stayed for 3 years themselves. Also had the Leben RS30-EQ phono stage during that time too, with a Miyajima Waza MC and Miyajima ETR-KSW SUT. Miss those last three a lot.

7CF621C6-14B8-4E87-B047-4B99248FBF7F.jpeg

They look stunning them Leben amps.:^

Super Dealer

Leben cs1000p driving Tannoy Canterburys. That's a couple of otl Transcendent Pinnacles lower down in the photo along with my own brand DAC and Satchmo pre

IMG_20181208_113958.jpg

@Juancho

Very nice David. I used to have the CS660P with a RS28CX.

My baby leben CS300xs in small lounge ...... keep thinking big tannoys need to partner it.

52DB06F5-8F61-4131-AB56-E7941D98152F.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey NAGRABOY

Thanks for posting.

What is it about the baby HARBETHs that you keep returning to?

I've often considered the little (sealed box) HARBETH myself, but was worried that 15w +15w may not be enough.

Does the little LEBEN push them along okay?

Hey JUANCHO

Nice to see that I'm not the only fan of the TRANSCENDENT SOUND kits here.

I built - and progressively modified - the TRANSCENDENT Grounded Grid Preamp over the space of 13-years.  By the time I had finished, there was very little around that could touch it - and we put it up against the best!

The little TRANSCENDENT SE-OTL (Original 1.5w + 1.5w) also took a lot of beating - if you could find the right speakers.

That's the great thing about the TRANSCENDENT gear.  Bruce Rozenblit designs it so very well - but leaves plenty of space for tweaking - which (of course) Bruce doesn't believe in.

FRONTAL.JPG

Hey RICHDIRECTOR

Nice little LEBEN CS-300. 

They are certainly a lot feistier than they look, these little amps.  15w + 15w  into 4/6/8 Ohms - on the right speakers - can really kick things along!

What speakers did you settle on?

Just joined the clique, CS300x.What a stunning bit of kit, the word vivid very much comes to mind. Speakers are Harbeth P3ESR. Currently have to decide whether to keep this or my Croft gear, life is hell ;-). At the moment the balance is tipping towards the pretty one !

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 20:36, Bourney said:

I'm in......

AE207DDB-907C-46C6-9C8E-9992CB233E94.jpg

How pretty is that amp?:love:

On 29/01/2019 at 02:35, SONDEKNZ said:

Hey RICHDIRECTOR

Nice little LEBEN CS-300. 

They are certainly a lot feistier than they look, these little amps.  15w + 15w  into 4/6/8 Ohms - on the right speakers - can really kick things along!

What speakers did you settle on?

Leaving leben in small lounge with Falcon LS3/5a 15 ohm ..... main lounge has tannoy ardens which means I will sell the harbeth 30.1 soon ish

On 03/02/2019 at 08:36, Ian said:

Just joined the clique, CS300x.What a stunning bit of kit, the word vivid very much comes to mind. Speakers are Harbeth P3ESR. Currently have to decide whether to keep this or my Croft gear, life is hell ;-). At the moment the balance is tipping towards the pretty one !

Which Croft you using - I kept my 25r pre for main system but was toying with trying 7/7R/7rs later in year 

16 hours ago, Richdirector said:

Which Croft you using - I kept my 25r pre for main system but was toying with trying 7/7R/7rs later in year 

23R and 7. Don't write off the lower cost Croft power amps ! A quad 303 is gorgeous with the 25R also.