The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

bandit pilot

Campsites in N.Wales & N.Yorks

Hi all.

I need a break this year, but don't want to spend half of it on the road. I'm looking for suggestions on decent touring sites that don't take themselves too seriously, are not a million miles from a beach, and not to far away from civilisation for a decent shop.

Anyone come across that recently? I've got 2 dogs so facilities for them are a must.:^

No interest in theme parks and arcades etc. Just a nice location close(ish) to some nice places.

Rick, not something i have used, but gave been told that High Straggleton Farm in between whitby and sandsend is pretty good. Its a working farm but ok with dogs may be worth a net search. Downside with whitby is parking can be a shit, although i do know a couple of small car parks that have had spaces when i have needed one. Handy for pickering, malton, helmsley, plus north yorkshire coast. MickyRicky may be able to help further north.

Excellent suggestions gents.:^

Keep em coming as once I've found the spot, availability will likely be an issue with it being short notice and in the middle of the school holidays.

Possibly a bit far from the coast, but a colleague of mine swears by http://valley-sun-club.co.uk/index.html just north of Harrogate

Possibly a bit far from the coast, but a colleague of mine swears by http://valley-sun-club.co.uk/index.html just north of Harrogate

Cheers Simon, but I've spent far too much time in Harrogate to call it a holiday. It is a lovely place, but too far from the coast.

Cae Du in Beddgelert is pretty good.

Dogs allowed, beautiful setting, quiet, good pubs and shop a short walk away, not far from Tremadog for beaches, Welsh Mountain Railway 1 mile away...

Hahahhahahaha, repped! Did you actually look at the link Rick:D

I had guessed he hadn't.....but I couldn't resist............I genuinely have a colleague that goes on about that place, and others of a similar outlook.

Super Wammer

my mate swears by the one at Robin Hood's Bay, as there are 3 sites there I can give him a call to ask which one if you are interested, it is properly next to the sea

We stayed at this place last year:

http://www.snowdonia-park.co.uk/

Real ale micro brewery pub and steam railway station on site. Good but slow chippy up the road. Handy for anywhere north walesy really. Snowdon just around the corner, and Anglesey just up the road.

Super Wammer
Not near the sea Rick but try Appletreewick right by the river Wharfe & some great walking the pub 10 mins

up the road does superb beers/food & dogs can sit in with you very relaxed place :^

nice site